The procurement of goods and services is a significant responsibility of a school food authority (SFA). Obtaining the most economical purchase should be considered in all purchases when using Federal funds. Federal, state, and local laws and regulations specify the procurement methods, terms, and conditions SFAs must follow to competitively procure goods and services, award contracts, and oversee contractor performance. The regulations can be found in 2 CFR Part 200 (specifically 200.318 – 200.326).
There are different requirements for large purchases ($150,000 and over) and small purchases (under $150,000) and the regulations must be followed for any purchases made using Child Nutrition funds. Any equipment purchase exceeding $5,000 must be approved by the State prior to making the purchase. There are also requirements that school food service departments have a written procurement plan on file outlining Federal and any local requirements. Below you will find various resources about the procurement requirements. We are currently conducting procurement reviews on the same schedule as Administrative Reviews, so those schools that are up for an Administrative Review will also be receiving a Procurement review the same year, though they are separate reviews. If you have additional questions, please email Cynthia (Cindy) Harris at email@example.com.
- Procurement Guidance and Procedures
- School Meals Supply Chain
- SP 23-2021, CACFP 18-2021.CN Emergency Procurement
- SP 02-2022 CACFP 03-2022 SFSP 01-2022
- SP 02 2018 Market Basket Analysis when Procuring Program Goods
- Procuring a Food Service Management Company
- Forms, Templates, and Examples
- Procurement Information Sheet
- Procurement Plan Template Updated Threshold
- Procurement Checklist Example
- Required Contract Provisions (per 2 CFR 200) Checklist
- Anti-Collusion Affidavit
- Clean Air and Water Certification
- Debarment Suspension Certification (Indiana)
- Lobbying Certification
- Evaluation Criteria and Scoring Example
- Buy American
- Cooperative Purchasing
- Coop Purchasing PW State Agency SA. 110218
- SP 05-2017 Purchasing Goods and Services Using Cooperative Agreements, Agents, and Third-Party Services
- SP 35-2012 Procuring Services of Purchasing Cooperatives, Group Purchasing Organizations, Group Buying Organizations, etc.
- SFA Cooperative Questionnaire with Legal Changes
- SFA Cooperative 2023
For any procurement related questions, please contact Cynthia (Cindy) Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org.