CACFP Application Process
Consider participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program!
CACFP is a federal program that provides reimbursement for nutritious meals and snacks served
to participants. In Indiana, CACFP is administered by the Indiana Department of Education.
- Provides funding to supplement the cost of healthy meals and snacks.
- Teaches children at an early age a healthier way of eating that will last a lifetime.
- Gives parents and caregivers confidence knowing that you are invested in the health and well-being of their children.
- Offers guidance in menu planning and recipe ideas.
- Offers technical assistance and consultation to assist in your program’s success.
- Ready-to-use parent and family information to encourage healthy eating in and out of the childcare setting.
Check out this quick video to learn more about CACFP.
|Center-type Facilities* (two ways to participate)||Family Childcare Homes|
|Apply through a sponsoring organization:||Apply as your own sponsor through IDOE:||Must apply through a sponsoring organization:|
|*Center-type facilities include childcare centers, ministries, head start, adult day cares, emergency shelters, at-risk afterschool meals programs, and outside school hours programs.|
Application Process to Apply Through a Sponsoring Organization
Contact the sponsoring organizations in your county to learn about their organization and application procedure:
- Sponsors of unaffiliated centers:
- Sponsors of family childcare homes:
Application Process to Apply as your Own Sponsor Through IDOE
Step 1 Submit an eligibility questionnaire
Step 2 Complete initial documents and complete new sponsor training
Step 3 Technical assistance visit with a field specialist
Step 4 Submit online application through CNPweb
Step 5 Pre-approval visit with a field specialist
Step 6 Begin program implementation, if approved
For questions regarding the CACFP application process, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.