- Official transcripts showing completion of Masters’ degree from accredited institution (PLEASE NOTE: If you have completed National Board of Professional Teaching Standards Certification (NBPTS) a Masters’ degree is not required to professionalize an instructional license)
- Proof of two (2) years teaching experience in an accredited school**.
- Hold Proficient Practitioner/Standard/Provisional license for five (5) years.
Required documents needed to professionalize an Instructional license
- Official transcripts showing completion of Masters degree from accredited institution or National Board of Professional Teaching Standards Certification (NBPTS).
- Official transcripts showing renewal coursework, OR approved PGP, OR National Board Certification.
- Proof of two (2) years teaching experience in an accredited school
- Valid CPR card from IDOE approved provider.
Teacher - Renew & Professionalize to a 10 Year License
- Log into your LVIS account.
- Click the green “Renew, Convert or Professionalize my license” box.
- Select Teacher
- Select Instructional
- Click I have a 5 year license
- Click Renew and Professionalize to a 10 year
- Choose Professionalize with Master
- Choose one of the following:
- Renew with Coursework
- Renew with 90 Point PGP
- NOTE: If you choose this option, you must have an Approved 90 Pt PGP in the system before the application will allow you to move on. (see steps at the bottom of these instructions)
- Renew with NBC
- Select the license you wish to renew. Answer the questions. Click Next.
- Click Add Recommending Instruction Entry. Select the State.
- If Indiana, Select the Indiana College/University.
- If out-of-state, type in the name of the college/university.
- Click Save Recommending Institution Entry. Click Next.
- Answer the questions. Upload required documentation, if requested. Click Next.
- Upload the required documentation. Click Next.
- If you have everything completed, you will be able to Submit Application. If not, you need to fix what is missing. Missing materials will be in RED.
- Click the link to pay for all pending applications.
- Mark the box under Pay?
- Fill out billing information.
- Click Review Summary.
- Mark the box to acknowledge the Refund Policy.
- Click Submit.
At any point you need to stop the application, click Save for Later. To check the status or return to your application, click “Application Status” on the right hand side when you are in your LVIS account.