Industrialized Building System or Mobile Structure Application
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
except state-observed holidays
Indiana Dept. of Homeland Security
Indiana Government Center-South, Room E208
302 W. Washington St.
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2739
Call us: 317-232-1407
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please allow 48 hours for a response, and do not leave multiple voicemails or send multiple emails.
Visit us: Schedule an appointment online before you visit to conduct business with IDHS. No walk-ins will be accepted.
Increased Shipping Times
Shipping times for industrialized building seals have increased due to the COVID-19 pandemic and delays by the delivery service. The IDHS Code Enforcement Section acknowledges the inconvenience and appreciates your patience during this time. If an order has not arrived within 3 weeks, email email@example.com.
If ready to apply online, please have the following information ready:
- Information about the manufacturer of the facility
- Information about location of the facility
- Manufacturer/facility contact Information
- An electronic copy of the floor plan(s) will be needed for the Code Design Release, so please ensure this information is available before starting the application process.
Other important information when filing the online application:
- You must use Internet Explorer.
- Keep all information at hand when filing. If the web application times out, all information must be retyped.
- For questions regarding the online application for industrialized buildings/mobile structures, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To use this service, instant access and credit card fees will apply that are separate from the normal fees. E-checks are also accepted.
- If experiencing technical difficulties using the application, contact email@example.com for assistance.
Online Application for Industrialized Buildings/Mobile Structures
Note: You must use Internet Explorer for the application to work properly.
To view all industrial building and mobile structure design releases, visit the Construction Design Releases for Industrial Buildings and Mobile Structures page.
File a Hard Copy of Application
- Print Construction Design Release Application for Industrialized Building Systems or Mobile Structures
- Purchase Certification Labels (Seals) for Industrialized Buildings & Mobile Structures
- Manufactured Home Consumer Complaint Form
Each type of home has its own specific code, and the codes must be applied accordingly. Supervision of the work undertaken to site or install any of these units is the responsibility of the local building official, with the possible exception of manufactured homes sited within a mobile home park (which is controlled by the Department of Health). Any questions or concerns of the local building official in regards to construction of any of these units should be voiced to the Code Enforcement Section.
- Modular Seal (P)
Modular residential units are reviewed, constructed and inspected to the Indiana One- and Two-Family Dwelling Code. Modular commercial units are reviewed, constructed and inspected to the Indiana Building Code. Units constructed to either code will have Indiana Modular seals (gold). These seals can be found inside the cover of the electrical service panel and typically inside a closet on units not containing an electrical panel. When ordering seals, a "P" seal means a Modular seal.
- Mobile Seal (M)
The Indiana Mobile Structures Code is applicable to single mobile commercial and residential add-on structures up to and including 16-foot-wide units. Commercial mobile units that consist of more than one unit are structurally compliant to the Indiana Mobile Structures Code, while use requirements are dictated by the Indiana Building Code. The Indiana Mobile seals (blue) will be located inside the electrical service panel cover, with one for each section of a structure. When ordering seals, an "M" seal means a Mobile seal.
- Manufactured Home Seal
HUD Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards are applicable to HUD-manufactured homes and are specifically for manufactured homes (mobile homes). The HUD-manufactured home seals (red) are located at the rear of each section of the home, mounted on the siding approximately 12 inches above the chassis and 12 inches inward from the rear of the home.