The National Youth in Transition Database (NYTD) collects information on youth in foster care, including sex, race, ethnicity, date of birth, and foster care status. It also collects information about the outcomes of those youth who have aged out of foster care.
Public Law 106-169 established the John H. Chafee Foster Care Independence Program (CFCIP) at section 477 of the Social Security Act, providing States with flexible funding to carry out programs that assist youth in making the transition from foster care to self-sufficiency. The law also requires the Administration for Children and Families (ACF) to develop a data collection system to track the independent living services States provide to youth and develop outcome measures that may be used to assess States' performance in operating their independent living programs. The law requires ACF to impose a penalty of between one and five percent of the State's annual allotment on any State that fails to comply with the reporting requirements.
- KidTraks NYTD Report Submission
- NYTD 101
- NYTD IL Service Definition Examples (Updated 5/2014)
- NYTD Youth Survey
- NYTD Youth Survey (Spanish Version)
- Youth Flyer for NYTD
- Youth Outcomes Survey Login
- NYTD Youth Outcomes Survey and Outreach Services RFP
- Spotlight on NYTD
- Take the NYTD Survey (Informational Video)
- Give the NYTD Survey (Informational Video)
- For NYTD survey inquires contact the NYTD Help Desk.