Language Translation
  Close Menu

Health Department

**For the latest information visit our Facebook page: **

The Health Department is located on the basement level, Room 12, of the Parke County Courthouse. The general office phone number is 765-569-6665. The office hours and varied responsibilities do make it difficult to have all staff in the office at all times and we ask that you call the office to make an appointment whenever possible to ensure that you are not inconvenienced by our hectic office schedules.

The mailing address for the Parke County Health Department is:

Parke County Health Department
116 W. High St., Room 12
Rockville, IN 47872

To register for a COVID-19 Vaccine go to or call 211 (expect long hold times). You may also call the District 7 Thrive program at 812-917-3145. COVID-19 vaccines are being administered at the Parke County Ambulance Service located at 395 Parkway Drive in Rockville on Wednesdays from 12 PM-6 PM and on Fridays from 9 AM-2 PM.

To register for the COVID-19 test go to COVID-19 tests are being administered at the Parke County Ambulance Service located at 395 Parkway Drive in Rockville on Mondays 9 AM-2:45 PM and 4 PM-6:45 PM, Thursdays 9 AM-2:45 PM, and 3rd Saturday of the month 9 AM-11:45 AM.

Local Health Department guidance and application documents can be downloaded by selecting the document you need from the bottom of this page. We are now accepting credit/debit card payments for applications, permits, and services over the phone. There is a credit/debit card authorization form if you would like to pay for permits, certificates, or services with a card. Fee information for this service is detailed in this form as well.

The Sanitarian/Health Inspector is Liddy Dowd-Wright. Mrs. Wright also is the Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for Parke County. Her office telephone number is 765-569-4071. Her work cellphone number is 765-592-5705. You may email Liddy at The normal hours the sanitarian/food inspector is in the office are 8 AM-3 PM Monday-Friday. The nature of her position and the meetings that she must attend do take her out of the office often. It is best to call the office and ensure that she will be in before coming in to see her.

The Clerk/Registrar is Janet Cooper. Her telephone number is 765-569-6665, or you can contact her via email which is Janet's hours are from 9 AM-4 PM Monday-Thursday and 9 AM-3 PM on Friday.
These hours are subject to change dependent upon the needs of the department and the community. We make every effort to post and communicate our changes in expected office hours when we are able. We are here to serve our community and its citizens.

The sanitarian/food inspector is responsible for the Environmental Health Division of the Parke County Health Department. The Environmental Health Division is broken down into three categories: Food Protection, Wastewater, and General Environmental. Liddy Wright is also the Emergency Preparedness Coordinator for Parke County.

The Food Protection Program inspects, regulates, and issues permits to all food establishments including restaurants, bed & breakfast establishments, certified kitchens, caterers, farmer’s market vendors that are not home-based, temporary and mobile food establishments operating in Parke County per Food Protection Ordinance No 4, Parke County Indiana and 410 IAC 7-24. Further information regarding rules and regulations in Indiana may be found at

The Wastewater program inspects, regulates, and issues permits for all residential septic systems per 410 IAC 6-8.2. All repairs to septic systems and installations of septic systems require a permit from the health department. Further information concerning rules and regulations can be found at

The General Environmental program manages tourist homes, well water safety, meth homes, environmental complaints, public pools, and campgrounds (that are not regulated by the Indiana State Department of Health).

The clerk/registrar is responsible for the Vital Records Division of the Parke County Health Department and can answer general questions about many aspects of the Health Department. The Vital Records program issues birth certificates for individuals born in Parke County and death certificates for individuals who died in Parke County. See below for applications for birth and death certificates as well as a genealogy application. To receive a certified certificate via mail, send a completed application with a self-addressed, postage-stamped envelope, and form of payment.