Home Calendar About Links FAQs Contact
Do You Have GI Bill Education Benefits?
VeteransEligible Dependents
National GuardReserve

One of the following Chapters would be applicable in determining your eligibility:

Chapter 30: Must have entered active duty after July 1, 1985 and contributed $100.00 a month during the first year of service to the Montgomery GI Bill.

Chapter 32: Must have entered active duty between January 1, 1977 and June 30, 1985 and contributed to the Veterans Educational Assistance Program.

Chapter 34: Entered active duty between February 1, 1955 and December 31, 1976.

Chapter 35: A surviving spouse or dependent of a killed/missing in action or a 100 % service connected disabled veteran with wartime service.

Chapter 1606: For National Guard and Reserve members with a 6-year commitment. Contact your National Guard or Reserve Unit to verify your eligibility.

Chapter 1607: For currently drilling National Guard and Reserve members that served on active duty for at least 90 days after September 11, 2001. Contact your National Guard or Reserve Unit to verify your eligibility and obtain a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE).

If you are unsure of your eligibility, contact the VA Education Customer Service Office at 1-888/442-4551. You will need to know your service number (after 1969 it's the same as your social security number) and the dates of service. GI Bill education benefits are valid for only 10 years from the date of separation from active duty (Chapters 30, 32, and 34).

If you are eligible, contact the training institution's VA Certifying Official. If you have any questions or do not know the Certifying Official's name, you can contact the State Approving Agency at 317/232-3914/3916/3917 or 1-800/400-4520 asking for one of the extensions (14/16/17).

Programs that have been approved are listed in the SAA Directory. If you find a program that is not listed, please notify the SAA at the above numbers and we will explore the possibility of approval.

Go to Directory of Approved Programs