The 590 Program provides coverage for certain healthcare services provided to Indiana Health Coverage Programs (IHCP) members ages 21 through 64 who are residents of state-owned facilities. These facilities operate under the direction of the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration (FSSA), the Division of Mental Health and Addiction (DMHA) or the Indiana Department of Health (IDOH). Individuals who are on probation or incarcerated are not eligible for the 590 Program.
Providers must be enrolled in the IHCP as a 590 Program provider if they wish to be reimbursed for services rendered to this specific member population.
The 590 Program operates as follows:
- The 590 Program covers only services rendered outside the 590 Program facility and only when the billed amount is over $150.
- If a member enrolled in the 590 Program receives services that have a total billed amount per claim of less than $150, the 590 Program facility where the member resides is responsible for payment of the service.
- Prior authorization (PA) is required for any service equal to or greater than $500 or more provided to members enrolled in the 590 Program.
- Transportation is not a covered service under the 590 Program. Transportation must be provided by the facility where the member resides.
- Identification cards are not issued to members upon enrollment in the 590 Program. An IHCP member who resides in a 590 Program facility may have a Hoosier Health Card, but IHCP eligibility is terminated upon entry into the facility unless the member is younger than 21 years old or older than 65 years old, or is expected to be a resident of the 590 Program facility for 30 days or less.
- Before rendering services, providers must verify that the member is enrolled in the 590 Program and resides in a participating state-owned facility.
- All members enrolled in the 590 Program must be accompanied to off-site providers, such as by a 590 Program facility staff person, or if the individual is on leave from the facility, by a family member or by a representative of the facility.
Find more information about this program, see the 590 Program provider reference module.