The Indiana State Police Ride-Along Program is an excellent way for selected members of the public to gain valuable experience in law enforcement. Read the details below to learn how to apply for an Indiana State Police Ride-Along Program which could provide a broader understanding of the Law Enforcement profession.
The Indiana State Police Ride-Along Program is an excellent way for those with career, educational, or community interests to ride with one of Indiana’s Finest. Interested persons must undergo a limited criminal history check, sexual offender registry check and local outstanding warrants check. In addition, the participant must complete the Ride-Along Program Application and Waiver (Click here to view the application and waiver).
Once the Ride-Along Program Application and Waiver have been completed, the packet must be submitted to the Indiana State Police District Command facility where the applicant is desiring to conduct the Ride-Along (Click here to view the Indiana State Police District locations).
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must possess a valid photo identification;
- Must have no record of any felony or class A or B misdemeanor arrest or conviction;
- Must complete a Ride-Along application and be willing to sign a “Wavier of Liability”;
- If approved, the person must be willing to follow all Department rules, regulations, SOP’s (to include dress code), and reasonable/lawful orders while participating in the program.
No exceptions will be made for anyone not meeting all requirements.