The Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) is administered by various housing agencies throughout the State of Indiana and is not all managed by IHCDA. IHCDA contracts with local community action programs to provide case management, including waitlists for application to the HCV program. In order to apply for the HCV program, you will have to apply to an open waitlist.
The Housing Choice Voucher Program comprises the majority of the Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority's Section 8 rental assistance programs. IHCDA administered vouchers to help over 4,000 families pay their rent each month. Eligibility for the Housing Choice Voucher program is based on a family's household income.
The voucher covers a portion of the rent and the tenant is expected to pay the balance. The tenants’ share is an affordable percentage of their income and is generally calculated to be between 30 to 40 percent of their monthly-adjusted gross income for rent and utilities. Most HCV program services are provided by Local Subcontracting Agencies throughout the state of Indiana.
2024 HCV Admin Plan
2023 HCV Admin Plan and Annual Plan
Finding A Service Provider
Please note IHCDA does not cover the City of Indianapolis or Marion County, Indiana. However, if you would like to relocate the Indianapolis Housing Agency covers all of Indianapolis and Marion County. For more information, please click here.
- 2021 IHCDA HCV Administrative Plan
- Listing of Local Sub-Contracting Agencies
- Map of Local Housing Authorities and Sub Contracting Agencies
NOTE: The map contains numbers and names associated with the two listing documents. If you need to specify the area served by that housing authority or agency, please use the map to identify the appropriate contact.
Open Waiting Lists
- Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List Opens in Sullivan County
- Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List Opens in Boone, Hamilton, Hendricks, and Tipton Counties
- Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List Opens in Clark, Floyd , and Harrison Counties
- Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List Opens in Brown, Clay, Monroe, Morgan and Owen Counties; and the City of Jasonville
- Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List Opens in Benton, Fountain, Vermillion, and Warren Counties
- Housing Choice Voucher Waiting List open in Fayette and Rush Counties
- Housing Choice Voucher Waiting Lists open in Jefferson, Jennings, and Scott Counties
- Housing Choice Voucher Waiting Lists open in Daviess, Dubois, Greene, Lawrence, Martin, Orange, Pike and Washington Counties
Housing Choice Voucher Guidebook
HUD - Indianapolis Field Office
Kimberly Wize, Field Office Director
Indianapolis Field Office
Minton Capehart Federal Building
575 North Pennsylvania Street, Suite 655
Indianapolis, IN 46204
Phone: (317) 226-6303
Fax: (317) 226-6317
IHCDA Housing Choice Opportunities Program
Phone: (317) 232-7788
Fax: (317) 232-1257
Nicole Chatman, Director of Housing Choice Opportunities Programs
Daniel Monaghan III, Department Manager of Housing Choice Opportunities Programs
Crystal Ivy - HCO Financial Analyst
Laroylyn (Lynn) Johnson, HCO Project-Based Voucher Analyst
Cindy Gray, HCO Project-Based Voucher Analyst
Jennifer Krick - HCO Portability and Customer Service Analyst
Elizabeth (Lizz) Schunn - HCO Emergency Housing Voucher and Landlord Engagement Analyst