The Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA) in conjunction with Patronicity.com is pleased to announce the launch of “CreatINg Places”, a place-based crowdfunding grant program. CreatINg Places employs a donation and reward-based method of crowdfunding called “crowdgranting”. In crowdgranting, citizens actively support projects and activities through web-based donations which, if the fundraising goal is reached within a set time, are matched by a sponsor.
CreatINg Places aims to help generate public involvement in the selection of creative improvements within their own communities, help provide the funding to see the project through completion, and instill community pride when citizens become invested in their surroundings.
Eligible Applicants and Projects
The CreatINg Places program is available to projects located in Indiana communities or neighborhoods which contain a traditional downtown or traditional neighborhood commercial node. Non-profit entities (with 501c3 or 501c4 status) and Local Units of Government are eligible to apply.
Projects may include but are not limited to:
- Streetscape beautification & walkability
- Public plaza development/activation
- Access to public amenities (river walks, pier enhancements, etc.)
- Farmer’s markets, community kitchens, pop-up retail/incubator spaces (community or non-profit)
- Park enhancements
- Bike & pedestrian paths
- Community theater rehabilitation (community or non-profit)
- Public wi-fi
- Placebranding (way-finding, place signage, etc.)
- Event implementation
- Other projects that activates public space or a community place (decided on a case by case basis)
Eligible project must have a minimum total development cost of $10,000, where the recipient will receive $5,000 in IHCDA matching funds should they successfully raise $5,000 through Patronicity.com. IHCDA will provide matching grant funds up to $50,000 per project.
Click here for more information - updated January 11, 2019