The Housing Trust Fund (HTF) is a new affordable housing production program that will complement existing federal, state and local efforts to increase and preserve the supply of decent, safe, and sanitary affordable housing for extremely low- and very low-income households, including homeless families. The HTF was established under Title I of the Housing and Economic Recovery Act of 2008, Section 1131. HTF funds may be used for the production or preservation of affordable housing through the acquisition, new construction, reconstruction, and/or rehabilitation of non-luxury housing with suitable amenities. On January 30, 2015, HUD published an Interim Rule which provides the guidelines for States to implement the HTF.
As a result, IHCDA is tasked with using the HTF to increase the supply of decent, safe and sanitary housing for persons at or below 30% of the Area Medium Income. HTF regulations may be found in 24 CFR 91 and 93.
Application Policy and Forms
- 2020 Housing Trust Fund Application Policy - DRAFT
- 2019 Housing Trust Fund and RHTC Application Policy - Final
- 2019 Housing Trust Fund and RHTC Application Forms - Final - Updated June 7, 2019
- 2019 Housing Trust Fund Threshold Requirements
- 2019 Housing Trust Fund and HOME Application Policy
- 2019 Housing Trust Fund and HOME Application Forms
- 2019 Housing Trust Fund and HOME Rental Tabs
- 2019 Housting Trust Fund and HOME Application Policy DRAFT
- 2017 Housing Trust Fund and HOME Application Policy
- 2017 HTF and HOME Application Forms
- HTF and HOME Rental Tabs
- Form O - Request for Project-Based Rental Assistance
For more information on this funding option, please contact Sam Spergel, Director of Real Estate Production , SSpergel@ihcda.in.gov or (317) 232-0599.