Enforcement - Salary & Benefits
- Starting salary is $53,690. Prior law enforcement, military service, and education can earn a higher starting salary on the Matrix.
- Gaming Agents earn 102 vacation hours annually. Additional vacation hours are granted after 5, 10, and 20 years of service to a maximum of 25.
- 14 paid holidays annually, 16 on an election year.
- Paid sick leave, 76.5 hours annually.
- Paid personal leave with additional 25.5 hours granted on day one for new hires.
- 150 hours paid New Parent Leave.
- Deferred Compensation with state matching contribution of $15.00 per paycheck.
- Up to $5,250/yr. tuition reimbursement.
- 12 hours shifts, 3 days one week, 4 days the second week for a total of 7 workdays in a 2-week period.
- Group individual or family medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance is available for the employee and eligible dependents.
- The State of Indiana provides 1.5x Salary of life insurance with an additional accidental death benefit. Supplemental life insurance is available for the employee and eligible dependents at nominal rates.
- Health Savings account with High Deductible Healthcare Plan.
- Retirement insurance is available for retiree and eligible dependents after 25 years of creditable service.
- All uniforms, firearms, and other equipment used in performance of duty are furnished by the Indiana Enforcement Division.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Statewide geographic transfer opportunities,
- Overtime opportunities.
- Excise Officers, Conservation Officers and Gaming Agents have a combined pension plan. Mandatory retirement age is 65. Early retirement options are available; age 45 with at least 15 yrs. of creditable service (reduced benefit); age 50 with at least 25 yrs. of creditable service (unreduced benefit), and age 55 with at least 30 yrs. of creditable service (unreduced benefit.)
- Prior military/law enforcement service purchase option into pension.
For more information about benefits offered by the state visit: https://www.in.gov/spd/benefits/
Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program information is available at: