Since IDEM was formed in 1986, the agency has been aggressively searching for and cleaning up contaminated properties. The following links offer Hoosiers several ways to access a wide variety of environmental information about your community.
- IDEM Interactive Map: Interactive IDEM-regulated site viewer.
- IndianaMap: Official Indiana state GIS atlas hosted by the Indiana Geological and Water Survey. IDEM provides datasets of the agency’s sites which they classify as part of the Environment Layer Gallery.
- Virtual File Cabinet: IDEM provides 24/7 access to more than 2 million agency public records through its Virtual File Cabinet (VFC). Instant access to agency public records exceeds the requirements of Indiana’s Access to Public Records Act . IDEM diligently strives to maintain current and accurate information in this electronic public record repository, and its staff continues to scan and add records daily.
- EnviroMapper: EnviroMapper for Envirofacts is a single point of access to select U.S. EPA environmental data. This Web site provides access to several EPA databases to provide you with information about environmental activities that may affect air, water, and land anywhere in the United States. With Envirofacts, you can learn more about these environmental activities in your area or you can generate maps of environmental information.
- How's My Waterway: Designed to provide the public with information about the condition of their local waters based on data that states, federal, tribal, local agencies and others have provided to EPA. Water quality information is displayed on 3 scales in How’s My Waterway: community, state and national. More recent or more detailed water information may exist that is not yet available through U.S. EPA databases or other sources.
Additional Text-based Resources
- RCRAInfo Web: Public website for searching Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)-regulated facilities.
- ECHO (U.S. EPA Enforcement and Compliance History Online): Use U.S. EPA's Enforcement and Compliance History Online website to search for facilities in your community to assess their compliance with environmental regulations. You can use ECHO to:
- Search for Facilities
- Investigate Pollution Sources
- Search for EPA Enforcement Cases
- Examine and Create Enforcement-Related Maps
- Analyze Trends in Compliance & Enforcement Data
- Search for Authorization Status: This service gives customers the ability to search status and basic facility information for Air, CFO/CAFO, E-Waste Storage and Processing, and Wastewater Permits and Notifications.
- Air Quality Permit Status Search: Check the status of air permits filed with IDEM’s Office of Air Quality.
- LEADS: Providing access to Indiana's continuous and non-continuous air quality monitoring network, IDEM's LEADS site offers access to near real-time data from air monitors across Indiana. Non-continuous data are updated semiannually. Approximately 90 percent of Indiana's air monitoring network is now available via this system.
- IDEM Office of Water Quality Drinking Water Watch
- IDEM Enforcement Database
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact us.