Language Translation
  Close Menu

How to File

Filing a Complaint with ICRC

All persons in Indiana are protected against acts of unlawful discrimination by federal, state, and local laws. Anyone may file an official complaint with the Indiana Civil Rights Commission (ICRC). There is no fee for this service.

  • ICRC will screen your claim to determine if it meets guidelines.
  • If your claim meets guidelines, ICRC will assist you in drafting a Complaint of Discrimination form.
  • If you return the signed form within the statute of limitations (180 days for employment, public accommodations, credit, and education or 1 year for housing cases), an ICRC intake officer will review all documents to determine eligibility. If eligibility is approved, you will be assigned an investigator for merit determination and recommendation.
  • When a finding is established, a copy of the finding will be submitted to you and to the respondent. In cases of employment discrimination, ICRC will send a copy of the determination to the EEOC. In cases of housing discrimination, ICRC will send a copy of the determination to HUD.
  • Remedies are available for employment discrimination may include back pay, promotion, front pay, reinstatement and reasonable accommodations.

Submit a claim in one of the following ways:

 Top FAQs