Help Me Grow Indiana
The Help Me Grow National System Model
WE BELIEVE THAT ALL CHILDREN SHOULD BE ABLE TO GROW, DEVELOP, AND THRIVE TO REACH THEIR FULL POTENTIAL.
Help Me Grow is a model that works to promote collaboration across child-serving sectors in order to build a more efficient and effective system that promotes the optimal healthy development of young children. When all of the organizations working on behalf of young children work together, we can:
- better prevent or reduce the impact that stress or adversity may have on children and families and
- increase protective factors that can maximize the well-being of children and families
THINK OF IT LIKE A POWER GRID: WHEN THE GRID FUNCTIONS WELL, FAMILIES CAN PLUG IN WHEREVER THEY ARE AND ACCESS THE RESOURCES THEY NEED.
Help Me Grow is not a stand-alone program, but rather a system model that utilizes and builds on existing resources in order to develop and enhance a comprehensive approach to early childhood system-building in any given community. Successful implementation of the Help Me Grow model requires communities to identify existing resources, think creatively about how to make the most of existing opportunities, and build a coalition to work collaboratively toward a shared agenda.
Help Me Grow Indiana
The Vision of Indiana Help Me Grow System
- Assists families, primary care providers, and other community-based providers including, home visiting services in identifying developmental or behavioral concerns in children,
- Statewide resource directory with a feedback loop to identify gaps in services
- MOMS Helpline is the centralized call center to connect families with specialized programs and services focused on their needs.
What Happens When You Call Help Me Grow?
- A Help Me Grow Care Coordinator will listen, provide support and support families to assess resources around child development and well-being for your child and family.
- Help Me Grow will offer a free Ages and Stages screening to open the door to your child’s development and wellbeing. Results of the screen will be shared with your family, if needed the appropriate referrals to local services and supports and will be provide
- Scheduled follow-ups will let us talk about previous referrals given and will continue to support your families well-being.
- Communication Guide English
- Communication Guide Spanish
- Family Communications
- Learn The Signs Act Early
- Brighter Futures Indiana
- Act Early Indiana
Want to connect with Help Me Grow Indiana for your community?
For event participation, community events, and presentations in your county, please contact:
Help Me Grow Resource Specialists