Do you or does someone you know have a problem with gambling?
For a confidential referral, call 800-994-8448 or click the button below to live chat now.
Click here to chat live with a representative for problems gambling
The Indiana Problem Gambling Referral Line is funded by the Indiana Problem Gamblers' Assistance Fund.
What is problem gambling?
Problem gambling is gambling behavior which causes disruptions in any major area of life: psychological, physical, social or vocational. The term "problem gambling" includes, but is not limited to, the condition known as pathological, or "compulsive" gambling, a progressive addiction characterized by increasing preoccupation with gambling, a need to bet more money more frequently, restlessness or irritability when attempting to stop, "chasing" losses, and loss of control manifested by continuation of the gambling behavior in spite of mounting, serious, negative consequences.
Could gambling be the problem?
- During the past 12 months, have you become restless, irritable, or anxious when trying to stop/cut down on gambling?
- During the past 12 months, have you tried to keep your family or friends from knowing how much you gambled?
- During the past 12 months, have you had such financial trouble as a result of your gambling that you had to get help with living expenses from family, friends, or welfare?
A "yes" answer to any of these questions means you may be at risk for developing a gambling problem.
Reference: Johnson, E.E., Hamer, R., Nora, R.M., Tan, B. Eistenstein, N., & Englehart, C. (1988). The lie/bet questionnaire for screening pathological gamblers. Psychological Reports, 80,83-88.
Indiana problem gambling treatment resource network manual
Gambling treatment providers
For a list of problem gambling treatment providers in your area, click here.
- Indiana Problem Gambling Awareness Program
- Indiana Council on Problem Gambling
- Indiana Gaming Commission
- Gambler's Anonymous meetings in Indiana
- Gam-Anon meetings
- National Council on Problem Gambling
- National Problem Gambling Awareness Month
Gambling within forensic populations
Program Director - Disordered/Problem Gambling Services
Division of Mental Health & Addiction
Indiana Family & Social Services Administration
402 W. Washington St., Room W353
Indianapolis, IN 46204