Language Translation
  Close Menu

Wage Statement Requests

In accordance with SEA 565-2019, DOR may provide customers or their legal representatives a statement of income tax withholding upon request, effective July 1, 2019. DOR will provide all original withholding information submitted by employers for the tax years requested. This information may not include amended W-2s (W-2C) submitted by the employer(s).

Who can request this information?

You must be one of the following individuals to receive this information:

  • The taxpayer named on the tax withholding or other tax information statements;
  • The taxpayer’s spouse, if the taxpayer is deceased or incapacitated and the taxpayer’s spouse filed a joint income tax return with the taxpayer for the years covered in the information request;
  • An administrator, executor, trustee or other fiduciary acting on behalf of the taxpayer if the taxpayer is deceased; or
  • A person acting on behalf of the taxpayer with a valid Power of Attorney (POA).

How do I receive a withholding statement?

All requests must be submitted in writing and include the following information:

  • Taxpayer’s name;
  • Relationship to taxpayer;
    • If you are not the taxpayer or taxpayer’s spouse on a joint return, you will need to provide documentation that you are authorized to receive this information as the administrator, executor, trustee, or other fiduciary acting on behalf of the taxpayer (or spouse if filed jointly), or that you have Power of Attorney for the eligible taxpayer(s).
  • Taxpayer ID Number (TID, ITIN or Social Security Number);
  • Tax years for which the information is requested; and
  • Signature of taxpayer; taxpayer’s spouse, or representative as described above. 
    • If you and your spouse are requesting information for the same period and you filed joint tax returns for those years, both signatures are required on the letter.
    • Spouses must submit separate, signed requests if the tax return for the year requested was not filed jointly.

You may mail your request to:
Indiana Department of Revenue
P.O. Box 7207
Indianapolis, IN 46207-7207
Fax: 317-232-1843

Your statement will be mailed to the address we have on file unless you include a change of address request.

You may also request this information in-person at one of our district offices. You will need to bring a letter and documentation as described above and a valid photo ID. When making an in-person request, most tax withholding statements will be available within three business days. Please allow for additional processing time if you have multiple requests or need information that covers several years.

What if the withholding statement is blank or incorrect?

DOR will provide all original withholding information provided by your employer for the tax years requested. This information may not include amended W-2s (W-2C) submitted by your employer. If there is missing information, such as an employer not listed, you must contact the employer or employers in question to request tax withholding information.

It is the responsibility of the employer to provide corrected information to the employee. If you have any further questions, you may contact DOR Customer Service at 317-232-2240, 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. ET, Monday through Friday.

 Latest News

Click here to view more events

 Top FAQs