The 2017 Winter Edition of 'INdiana Labor Insider' is Now Available!
Indiana's 2016 SOII Report, Carbon Monoxide Poison Prevention, Compliance Reminders, and more!
2018 GWSA and Everyday Safety Hero Award Applications Now Available!
State Occupational Injury and Illness Rate Hits Historic Low
INSafe : Safety and Health Consultation
Welcome to the Indiana Department of Labor
- IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT -
The IDOL’s Central Office in the Indiana Government Center - South is currently closed due to severe water damage. Our staff are currently working throughout the state of Indiana until further notice. Please be patient with us as we work to return calls, emails, and other messages. This message will be updated as necessary.
The mission of the Indiana Department of Labor is to advance the safety, health and prosperity of Hoosiers in the workplace. In order to make significant strides in achieving our mission, we emphasize both enforcement and voluntary compliance for employers. Our office administers the IOSHA program, state wage and hour and child labor laws, as well as underground coal mine safety. We also have many free training and educational resources available to the public through our INSafe Division. Finally, our Quality, Metrics & Statistics Division counts, measures and tracks trends internally and externally. Our goal is to help make Indiana a great place to work and to do business. Let us know how we can help you!
Just Added or Recently Updated
- Census of Fatal Occupational Injuries Report and Analysis is now available! - NEW
- 2017 Winter Edition of INdiana Labor Insider is now available!
- Hoosier Workplace Injuries & Illnesses Lowest in State History: 2016 SOII Report and Analysis
- IDOL 2017 Quarter 3 Performance Metrics Now Available!
- Fall Edition of INdiana Labor Insider is Now Available!
- 2018 Governor's Workplace Safety Award and Everyday Safety Hero Award Applications Now Available!