The first response in an emergency is always to contact 911, but schools are encouraged to develop Emergency Action Plans to ensure the best care is provided in the event of an emergency while waiting for EMS to arrive. Below are resources to assist schools with developing Emergency Action Plans for Extracurricular Activities.
- The Inter-Association Task Force Document on Emergency Health and Safety Best-Practice Recommendations
- Emergency Action Plans – White Paper
- Medical Supply Kits
- Hot and Cold Weather Considerations
- Emergency Action Plans – Checklist
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest
- Emergency Action Plans – worksheets and templates – University of Connecticut