- 2015-2016 Round 2 (May 26, 2017)
- 2015-2016 Round 1 (May 12, 2017)
Created in 1988 by the Department of Education, the Four Star School Award has been in existence for nearly 30 years and signifies a pursuit of academic excellence among both the students and the administration of a school. To receive a Four Star designation, a school must receive an “A” on the state’s A-F accountability system, have excellent ISTEP+ pass rates. Adjustments to the criteria for Four Star schools have been made over the years. The current criteria are listed below.
Criteria to be included on this list
- A school must have received an “A” on the state’s A-F Accountability system for the 2017-2018 school year.
- A school must have tested at least 95% of students on ISTEP English/Language Arts and Math.
- Combined ISTEP Pass Percentage (Pass Percentage of English/Language Arts ISTEP + Pass Percentage of Math ISTEP) must be in Top 25th Percentile for each grade tested. (minimum of 10 students).
- Percent Passing Both ISTEP (Percent of students who passed both the English/Language Arts ISTEP + Math ISTEP) must be in the Top 25th Percentile for each grade tested. (minimum of 10 students).