Foster Parents Bill of Rights, Relevant Statutes and Policy Manual:
Grievance Filing Process and Contact Information:
- Policy 8.46 - Resource Parent Complaint Resolution Process
- Contact information:
- DCS Ombudsman
Click here to download a copy of this information.
Alternative In-Service Training hours are available to assist foster parents in meeting the annual in-service training requirements.
In addition, foster parent support groups are available in your county of residence. These meetings provide support and information related to foster parenting, and fulfill a portion of the annual in-service training requirements.
Foster Parent Liability Insurance:
Car Insurance Information for Foster Youth:
|State Farm||Offers policies for drivers as young as 15 for learners permits||None provided|
|Indiana Farmers||Offers a separate policy if the parents are also insured||$1,700 - $3,800|
|USAA||Offers the children of current members to have their own policies without having the parent listed||$1,000 - $3,000|
|Travelers||Valid license required||None provided|
|Nationwide||Requires driving experience||None provided|
|AmFam||Offers 565 policies nationally for 16 to 18 year olds||None provided|
Click here to download a copy of car insurance information for foster youth.
Other Resources for Foster Parents:
- Foster Family Children's Museum Free Membership
- State Park Pass Application for Foster Parents
- Nationally-based online resources and communities are also available to foster parents:
- Indiana Administrative Code (IAC) Title 465, Article 2, Rule 1.5, Licensing of Foster Family Homes for Children.
- Foster Parent Per Diem Letter
- Foster Care Per Diem Invoice Total Checker
- KidTraks Birthday & Holiday Allowance (aka Special Occasion Allowance)
- KidTraks Initial Clothing and Personal Items Allotment\KidTraks Per Diem
- KidTraks Personal Allowance
- Resource Parent Paper Invoicing Guidelines
- 2013 Foster Parent Provider Manual
- Foster Parent Travel Invoice Instructions
- Foster Parent Travel Invoice SF54836
- Letter on School Textbook and Related Fees
- DCS Education Services Resource Toolkit for Parents/Caregivers
- Guidance for Foster Parents on Common Errors on Claims/Invoices
- Link to KidTraks
- Standard Invoice - Claim for Support of Children (Excel format) State Form 28808/DCS0327
- KidTraks Vendor Portal User Agreement
- Data Assessment Registry Mental Health and Addiction System (DARMHA)
Information from the FSSA Mental Health and Addiction Division regarding the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths Assessment (CANS) including CANS manuals, Glossary of Terms, DCS Policy regarding the CANS and CANS score sheets