The DCS Policy Team is in the process of converting each child welfare policy to a new template, to better align with the DCS mission, vision, and Practice Model. During this conversion process, the format of the policies may differ as policies are developed or revised.
The information provided in this manual is intended for the use and convenience of staff and interested persons. References contained in DCS policies that pertain to other State policies, Indiana Administrative Code, Indiana Code, and/or Federal Law should not be considered a substitute for the actual documents or legal counsel.
Questions or comments on individual policies should be directed to your local supervisor, work unit manager, or DCS.Policy@dcs.in.gov. Please contact our webmaster if you have any problems using the site.
Indiana Child Welfare Policy Manual
Click here for the complete policy manual, last updated on May 17, 2022: Indiana Child Welfare Policy Manual.
For more recent updates, see the individual policies at the links below, or contact DCS.Policy@dcs.in.gov.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction to the DCS Child Welfare Manual
- Chapter 2 - Administration of Child Welfare
- Chapter 3 - Hotline
- Chapter 4 - Assessment
- Chapter 5 - General Case Management
- Chapter 6 - Court
- Chapter 7 - In-Home Services
- Chapter 8 - Out-of-Home Services
- Chapter 9 - Interstate Compact (ICPC)
- Chapter 10 - Guardianship and Adoption
- Chapter 11 - Older Youth Services
- Chapter 12 - Foster Family Home Licensing
- Chapter 13 - Background Checks
- Chapter 14 - Adoption Assistance and Guardianship Assistance
- Chapter 15 - Eligibility
- Chapter 16 - Financial Services/Assistance
- Chapter 17- Residential Licensing
- Chapter 18- Licensing of Child Placing Agencies
- Questions on any Archive Policies please contact us at DCS.Policy@dcs.in.gov