Language Translation
  Close Menu


Melinda Peed, an elected official, is the Randolph County Clerk.

Office Hours: 8 am to 4 pm Monday - Friday.


**Randolph County is a Vote Center County**

What does this mean for you...

Registered voters can vote at any of our vote center locations. You must present a photo ID.

For more information about vote centers, visit

For more information about convenient, absentee, and in-person voting, please see vote center information below under services.

The Clerk's Office still accepts cash, money orders, cashier's checks, and checks (Note: You cannot use a check for criminal payments i.e. fines/costs).

YOU CANNOT PAY CHILD SUPPORT AT THIS WEB ADDRESS AND WE CANNOT ACCEPT DEBIT/CREDIT CARDS IN THE OFFICE AT THIS TIME FOR CHILD SUPPORT. If you need to pay your child support online you can go to the State of Indiana Child Support Bill Pay site.

The Clerk's Office is now accepting credit/debit cards (EXCEPT WHEN PAYING CHILD SUPPORT)? There is a $1.00 (up to $33) or 3.00% charge to use this service in the Clerk's Office or 3.00% charge if paying over the phone. You can also pay online at PayGOV.US. YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR CAUSE # to make sure that you're payment is applied to the correct case.

All Randolph County registered voters may vote at any Vote Center in Randolph County. The new Vote Centers have replaced the former voting polling places (the place that you used to vote). As long as you are a REGISTERED VOTER from RANDOLPH COUNTY, you may choose any of the VOTE CENTERS from the list. PHOTO ID IS STILL REQUIRED WHEN YOU GO TO VOTE.

We hope to make this transition as easy as possible for you all! For questions, please call our Clerk, Melinda Peed at (765) 584-4214 or our Voter Registration Clerk, Kylee, at (765) 584-4717. They are excited to help you!

Vote Center Locations

  1. Randolph County Court House Lobby, 100 S. Main St., Winchester
  2. Trinity Lutheran Church, 1470 W. St. Rd. 28, Union City
  3. 4-H Fairground, Husted Hall, 1885 S. U.S. 27, Winchester
  4. Union City Community Room, 103 N. Columbia St., Union City
  5. Calvary United Methodist Church, 200 S. Portland St., Ridgeville
  6. Parker City Volunteer Fire Department, 247 E. Howard St., Parker City
  7. Farmland City Building, 104 E. Henry St., Farmland
  8. New Life Church, 8418 W. Hwy 36, Modoc
  9. Lynn City Building, 103 S. Main St., Lynn

Absentee or Early Voting Hours

  • Saturday, April 27th at Parker Volunteer Fire Department  8 A.M. - 3 P.M.
  • Saturday, May 4th at Trinity Lutheran Church  8 A.M. -  3 P.M.

Absentee or Early Voting at the Courthouse

  • Monday through Friday starting April 9th thru May 3rd from 8:30 A.M. -3:30 P.M.
  • Monday, May 6th                8 A.M. - 12 P.M.
  • Saturday, April 27th            8 A.M  - 3 P.M.
  • Saturday, May 4th              8 A.M. - 3 P.M.

Election Day

  • 6 A.M. – 6 P.M. AT ANY VOTE CENTER LOCATION (May 7th)
  • Request Vote by Mail applications by Noon on Thursday, April 25th


  • What do I do if the judgment that I have on someone has been paid off?

    Once you have received full payment of your judgment, you will be required to release the judgment. This is accomplished by filing a release of judgment with the clerk of the court.

  • How do I collect the money for the judgment that I was awarded?

    Collecting the judgment is your responsibility. The length of time it will take to collect will depend upon both your diligence and the debtor’s ability to pay. Filing a Proceedings Supplemental is the first step. These forms are available in the Clerk’s Office.

  • How much does it cost to file a Small Claim?

    As of July 1, 2017 the cost is $125.00 to file against one defendant and $10 for each additional defendant to file a Small Claim.

  • How do I obtain a protective order?

    Protective orders are cost-free to anyone who is a victim of domestic or family violence, stalking, or a sex offense. Because this is a civil proceeding, the Prosecutor's Office is not involved in the issuance of such orders. Rather, a person must go to Randolph County Clerk's office, where he or she will fill out the paperwork to be reviewed and ruled on by a judge.

    You can find the paperwork HERE. You will need to print and fill out a Petition (PO-0100) for yourself or a Petition on behalf of a Child (PO-0101) if filing on behalf of your child. You will also need to fill out a Confidential.

    WHEN FILLING OUT THE PAPERWORK: You are the Petitioner and the person it's against is the Respondent. If you can answer #1 and #2 on the Petition you qualify for a Protective Order.

    For the judge to approve a protective order, the petitioner must allege that the respondent has attempted to cause, threatened to cause or is causing physical harm to the petitioner, or that the respondent is actually placing the petitioner in fear of physical harm. If you have filed a police report regarding an incident that has happened it helps the court to make a ruling if you can obtain a copy of the police report that you filed.

  • How do I make a child support payment?

    You can mail your child support payment in the form of a check or money order to Randolph County Clerk's Office, 100 S. Main St. Rm. 201, Winchester IN 47394. Please write your cause number and "Child Support" on the memo line of your check or money order.

    You may also come into our office to make a payment in person. We will accept cash, check, or money order.

    If you would like to make a payment online you can visit the Child Support Bill Pay site to make a payment. Do NOT wait until the last minute! When making your first payment online, you may need to call our office to make sure your information is on our computer properly. If we need to update your information (SSN, DOB, etc.) then it will take 24 hours to take effect and you will not be able to make your first payment that day.

    YOU MUST HAVE YOUR CASE # IN ORDER TO MAKE A PAYMENT ONLINE! Call the Clerk's Office at (765) 584-7407 to check on this information.

  • How many garnishments can be taken out of my pay at once?

    Only one garnishment can be applied at one time; garnishment orders are paid in the order that they are received by the employer.

  • Do you accept payment with a credit card or ATM card for court fines and costs?

    Yes! (EXCEPT WHEN PAYING CHILD SUPPORT) There is a 3% charge to use this service when paying over the phone. You can also pay online by using the PayGOV System

    YOU MUST INCLUDE YOUR CAUSE # to make sure that you're payment is applied to the correct case.

    The Clerk's Office still accepts cash, money orders, and cashier's checks. WE CANNOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS FOR ANY TYPE OF CASE.


    If you need to pay your child support online use the State of Indiana Child Support Payment Service.

People | (765) 584-6603

Melinda Peed

Randolph Circuit Court Clerk

Madi Day

Chief Deputy Clerk

Kylee Loose

Chief Deputy Clerk

Alexis Thobe

Deputy Clerk

Office Information


Randolph County Clerk
100 S Main Street, 2nd Floor
Winchester, IN 47394
(765) 584-6603

Mailing Address
Randolph County Clerk
100 S Main St, Room 201
Winchester, IN 47394