In 2012, Indiana set a goal that 60% of working-age Hoosiers will have a quality college degree or credential by the year 2025. The Commission for Higher Education facilitates the state’s progress by providing actionable and meaningful statistics on postsecondary education outcomes.
- College Readiness
Annually produced reports that help local schools and communities understand how their students are performing in college while informing policies that increase college readiness and success.
In-depth analyses of dual credit, AP & the broader landscape of earning college credits in high school that show more Hoosiers than ever are earning college credit while in high school.
- College Enrollment & Completion
Annually produced reports that provide a clear and comprehensive picture of college completion in order to advance Indiana’s collective efforts and boost educational attainment.
Enrollment & Degree Information
Information on student enrollment and degrees earned at Indiana public institutions.
- Enrollment & Degree Dashboard
- Enrollment & Degree Factsheet (October 2022)
- Fall Census Enrollment Summary (October 2022)
College Transfer and Student Success Report (February 2018)
Transfer student outcomes at Indiana’s public institutions.
Certificate popularity, student characteristics, and value of the certificates offered by Indiana institutions.
- College Equity & Achievement Gaps
An annual companion piece to the Commission’s annual College Readiness and College Completion reports, the College Equity report provides a closer look at Indiana’s progress on closing the minority achievement gap by 2025.
Indiana's Promise: A Report on the 21st Century Scholars Program
Collects and analyzes data by income level and spotlights the 21st Century Scholars program, which is Indiana's early college promise program that provides up to four years of tuition to income-eligible students who meet certain requirements throughout high school.
Addressing the Achievement Gap
A guide by the ERIA outlining useful practices to address low educational attainment in low-income, first generation populations.
- College Value
Regularly produced reports that provide a clearer picture of the returns a college degree yields after graduation, emphasizing that higher education offers benefits that extend far beyond a financial paycheck. These dividends include greater job satisfaction and security, enhanced social mobility, increased civic involvement, improved health and wellness, and higher quality of life.
College Costs and Financial Aid Report
Provides an analysis of the total cost of college at all Indiana public institutions and analyzes the average debt load for college graduates and the impact state and federal financial aid has on reducing the cost for Hoosier students and families.
The Gallup-Indiana Survey results are an important part of the Indiana’s College Value Report The survey results first appears in Indiana's College Value index, a first-in-the nation, comprehensive measure of higher education value that brings together the Commission’s existing data on college readiness, college completion, student debt, employment, average earnings and this qualitative data on graduate satisfaction. The College Value Index and Gallup-Indiana Survey are now incorporated into the College Value Report.
- State Financial Aid
FAFSA filing rates for Indiana's high school seniors at the state, county, corporation and school level.
State Financial Aid Summary
Annually produced data that show FAFSA completion rates, financial aid participation, and fiscal summaries. More State Financial Aid Analyses can be found on our Policy Analyses page.
- 2019 State Financial Aid Summary (Summer 2020)
- 2018 State Financial Aid Summary (February 2019)
- 2017 State Financial Aid Summary (March 2018)
- 2016 State Financial Aid Summary (Winter 2017)
- 2015 State Financial Aid Summary (Winter 2016)
- External Data Resources
K-12 Education Data
- Department of Education (DOE) - Indiana K-12 pipeline data
Postsecondary Education Data
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) - Aggregate-level data for higher education institutions nationwide
- Indiana College Scorecard - Expense estimates for accredited higher education institutions in Indiana
- SHEEO State Higher Education Finance (SHEF) - Higher education financing, nationwide finance and financial aid trends
State and Federal Data
- Management Performance Hub (MPH) - Analyses and reports for requests that involve data from multiple state agencies
- US Census Bureau - Survey data on Americans and the US economy
If the data you need are not available at the links above, please email email@example.com to request the data you’re looking for. Please allow 15 to 20 days for standard requests.