Earline S. Rogers Student Teaching Stipend for Minorities
Stipend for minority students (defined as black and Hispanic individuals) who will participate in student teaching or a school administration internship as part of the students' degree requirements.
Priority will be given to student teaching applicants.
The maximum amount a student may receive is up to $4,000. The amount of the scholarship may vary year-to-year based on the amount of the appropriation and the number of applicants. In determining the stipend amount, priority will be given to applicants entering student teaching over applicants entering an administrative internship. Stipends will be awarded directly students.
- be a minority student;
- participate in student teaching or a school administration internship as part of the student's degree requirements;
- have earned a cumulative grade point average upon entering student teaching that is required by an eligible institution for admission to the eligible institution's school of education;
- be enrolled at an eligible Indiana institution;
- be a first-time undergraduate student or be enrolled in a school administration program;
- student teach or participate in a school administration internship at an Indiana school authorized by the Indiana Department of Education;
- agree in writing to apply for a teaching position at an accredited school in Indiana following that student's certification as a teacher and, if hired, to teach for at least three years; and
- meet any other minimum criteria established by the Commission.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at FAFSA.gov.
- Submit a complete Earline S. Rogers Student Teaching Stipend for Minorities application in ScholarTrack.
- The deadline to submit the FAFSA and the Earline S. Rogers Student Teaching Stipend for Minorities application is January 31, 2019.
- Students will need to a create a Student ScholarTrack Account to complete the application.
- Once logged into ScholarTrack, click “Apply for State Aid” to access the application.
- Students may also click the following link to directly access the application. You will be prompted to log into ScholarTrack: https://ScholarTrack.che.in.gov/Portal/#/application/290