Agency Main Banner Content
Agency Sub Banners
Guidance for COVID-19
Following new measures from Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb and the Indiana State Department of Health to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus and COVID-19, the Indiana Commission for Higher Education is adhering to guidance but will continue to maintain operations, including the financial aid support center, which Hoosiers can reach by calling (888) 528-4719 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Commission is actively gathering resources and guidance for Indiana's postsecondary institutions and will continue to work with the state’s public and private postsecondary institutions to stay up-to-date with changing statuses.
A compiled list of the state’s public college web pages pertaining to campus status follows:
- Ball State University: https://www.bsu.edu/about/administrativeoffices/emergency-preparedness/pandemicfluprep/coronavirus
- Indiana State University: https://www.indstate.edu/covid-19
- Indiana University: https://coronavirus.iu.edu/
- Ivy Tech Community College: https://www.ivytech.edu/coronavirus.html
- Purdue University West Lafayette: https://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/releases/2020/Q1/need-to-know-info-about-covid-2019.html
- Purdue University Fort Wayne: https://www.pfw.edu/coronavirus/
- Purdue University Northwest: https://www.pnw.edu/pnw-and-coronavirus-covid-19/
- University of Southern Indiana: https://www.usi.edu/covid-19/
- Vincennes University: https://www.vinu.edu/coronavirus-updates
All 30 members of the Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI) have made the decision to suspend in-person classes and provide alternate methods of delivery. Specific details about how each ICI member institution is responding can be found on their websites. The Commission is also collecting information from Indiana’s proprietary institutions.
Additionally, the following link contains information from all institutions authorized by BPE about how they are responding to the spread of COVID-19: https://www.in.gov/bpe/2491.htm.
Parents of K-12 students are encouraged to utilize resources on LearnMoreIndiana.org, including classroom materials, and resources for students and families (with suggestions for each age group) and Indiana’s 21st Century Scholars. The Learn More Indiana blog will also be updated throughout the month, including this post about virtual campus tours.
For more information, view the Press Release.
- March 25, 2020: Applications Open for Student Member of State Higher Education Commission, Press Release
- March 18, 2020: Indiana Higher Education Commission Provides Resources for Institutions, Students & Parents Amid COVID-19 Closures, Press Release
- March 10, 2020: Indiana Commission for Higher Education Meets in Indianapolis Thursday, Media Advisory
- March 9, 2020: ‘Let Indiana Work for You’ Program Encourages Graduates to Stay, Press Release
- March 4, 2020: New State Report Outlines Value of Education Beyond High School, Press Release, Full Report, Report Summary
- February 12, 2020: Indiana Commission for Higher Education Meets in Indianapolis Thursday, Media Advisory
- February 11, 2020: Lubbers Presents State’s New Agenda for Higher Education at Annual Address, Press Release, Full Text
- February 7, 2020: 2020 State of Higher Education Address Held February 11 at Indiana Statehouse, Media Advisory
- January 29, 2020: Indiana Celebrates 30 Years of the 21st Century Scholars Program, Press Release
- January 21, 2020: State Higher Ed Commission Extends Grant Deadline, Press Release
- January 16, 2020: 10,000 Hoosiers Have Completed High-Demand Workforce Certificates, Press Release
- January 9, 2020: State Accepting Proposals for Teacher Residency Grant Program, Press Release