William A. Crawford Minority Teacher Scholarship
The Commission offers scholarships for minority students (defined as black and Hispanic individuals) planning to teach in an accredited school in Indiana upon graduation. Student must agree in writing to apply for a teaching positions in Indiana and, if hired, teach in Indiana for at least three years.
To renew the Scholarship for subsequent academic years, a minority student (who qualified for the scholarship initially) must reapply for the scholarship each year and maintain the cumulative grade point average (GPA) required for admission to the institution’s school of education or at least a 2.0 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent if the school does not require a minimum GPA.
- be a minority student
- be an Indiana resident and a U.S. Citizen or eligible noncitizen
- be admitted or already attending an eligible Indiana institution as a full-time student
- pursue or intend to pursue a course of study that would enable the student, upon graduation, to teach in an accredited school in Indiana
- agree in writing to apply for a teaching position at an accredited school in Indiana following that student's certification as a teacher and, if hired, to teach for at least three years
- be a full-time student, or plan to enroll as a full-time student
- be a first-time undergraduate student
- maintain the cumulative grade point average (GPA) required for admission to the institution’s school of education
- meet any other minimum criteria established by the Commission
HOW TO APPLY