In 2012, Indiana set a goal that 60% of working-age Hoosiers will have a quality college degree or credential by the year 2025. The Commission for Higher Education facilitates the state’s progress by providing actionable and meaningful statistics on postsecondary education outcomes.
- Data Dashboards Homepage
All of our data dashboards can be found on our dashboards homepage here, hosted on the Tableau platform.
- College Readiness
Annually produced reports that help local schools and communities understand how their students are performing in college while informing policies that increase college readiness and success.
Early College Credit
In-depth analyses of dual credit, AP & the broader landscape of earning college credits in high school that show more Hoosiers than ever are earning college credit while in high school.
- College Completion
Annually produced reports that provide a clear and comprehensive picture of college completion in order to advance Indiana’s collective efforts and boost educational attainment.
Enrollment & Degree Information
Information on student enrollment and degrees earned at Indiana public institutions.
Transfer of Credit
Transfer student outcomes at Indiana’s public institutions.
- College Transfer and Student Success Report (February 2018)
Certificate popularity, student characteristics, and value of the certificates offered by Indiana institutions.
- Certificates in Indiana Report (February 2017)
An annual companion piece to the Commission’s annual College Readiness and College Completion reports, the College Equity report provides a closer look at Indiana’s progress on closing the minority achievement gap by 2025.
Addressing the Achievement Gap
A guide by the ERIA outlining useful practices to address low educational attainment in low-income, first generation populations.
- Return on Investment
Regularly produced reports that provide a clearer picture of the returns a college degree yields after graduation, emphasizing that higher education offers benefits that extend far beyond a financial paycheck. These dividends include greater job satisfaction and security, enhanced social mobility, increased civic involvement, improved health and wellness, and higher quality of life.
The value of higher education can be gauged in many ways, including such essential measures as college completion rates, labor market returns, and alumni satisfaction. The Indiana College Value Index brings these quantitative and qualitative data together to help Hoosiers answer some of the most fundamental questions in higher education today.
- Financial Aid & Budget Information
State Financial Aid Summary
Annually produced data that show FAFSA completion rates, financial aid participation, and fiscal summaries
General operating, debt service, repair and rehabilitation, financial aid, capital projects and other appropriations associated with the current Indiana higher education budget (2017-2019)
- Current Budget (2017-2019)
- Reforming Student Financial Aid to Increase College Completion: Early Progress Resulting from Indiana House Enrolled Act 1348 (January 2015)
- Reforming Student Financial Aid to Increase College Completion: Second Year Results from Indiana House Enrolled Act 1348 (March 2016)
- Twenty First Century Scholars
Various data reports are provided to K-12 schools and community partners to increase 21st Century Scholars enrollment and the postsecondary access and success of the 21st Century Scholars population.
- Policy Analyses
- External Data Resources
K-12 Education Data
- Department of Education (DOE) - Indiana K-12 pipeline data
Postsecondary Education Data
- Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) - Aggregate-level data for higher education institutions nationwide
- Indiana College Costs Estimator - Expense estimates for accredited higher education institutions in Indiana
- SHEEO State Higher Education Finance (SHEF) - Higher education financing, nationwide finance and financial aid trends
State and Federal Data
If the data you need are not available at the links above, please email email@example.com to request the data you’re looking for. Please allow 15 to 20 days for standard requests.