What is Arts Learning?
Arts Learning is a broad term that includes (but is not limited to) arts education, community arts learning, arts workshops, residencies, and educational performances. These experiences are for the very youngest to the very oldest and everyone in between. We believe everyone in the state of Indiana should have the opportunity to find the joy in creating, and we support those who help facilitate that creating. The artists, arts organizations, and arts teachers in our state do the important job of communicating the simple beauty of complex art skills and concepts to others so everyone can join in on the arts.
Current Arts Learning Opportunities from the Indiana Arts Commission
Arts Project Support
Community nonprofits and schools are eligible for Arts Project Support grants that are open for applications every year January through March 1. This grant provides funding to nonprofits to support a specific projects, such as a one-time event; a single production; an exhibition; a workshop; or a series of related arts activities.
Poetry Out Loud
Poetry Out Loud (POL) is a national arts education program that encourages the study of great poetry by offering free educational materials and a dynamic recitation competition for high school students across the country. This program helps students master public speaking skills, build self-confidence, and learn about literary history and contemporary life. Poetry Out Loud is a partnership of the National Endowment for the Arts, Poetry Foundation, and the state and jurisdictional arts agencies.
- Visual Arts Teaching – NAEA Remote Learning toolkit
- Visual Arts Teaching – New York State Art Teachers Curated resources
- Music Education Teaching Virtual Learning Resources for Music Educators
- Dance Education Teaching – Resources for moving dance-based pedagogy online
- Theatre Education Teaching – Lessons for virtual learning
- Theatre Education Teaching – Resources for creating virtual performances
Stories from the Field
Tackling Opioids through Youth Theatre
Creatively Educating a 21st Century Ready Workforce
What is Social Emotional Learning (SEL)?
Arts Integration: An Effective Use of Community Resources
Arts Learning Resources
- Community Arts Learning for Adults
Veterans Arts Learning
Creative Arts for Adults with Disabilities
- Community Arts Learning for Youth
- K-12 Arts Education
Teaching Artists Supporting Classroom Learning
Arts Integration for All Educators
- Artist & Teaching Artists