Art happens with a little help from our friends.
Whether you're looking to open your own business or find funding for a public project, it's important to expand your network. Explore key partnerships below or reach out to a staff member and we'll point you in the right direction.
Locals who can help you make it happen (and give you ideas for next steps)
- Indiana Cultural Districts are well-recognized, labeled, mixed-use areas of a community in which high concentrations of cultural assets serve as the anchor. Cultural Districts seek to make Indiana stronger through the arts and culture and support community life and economic vitality.
- Regional Arts Partners work alongside the Indiana Arts Commission to promote and expand participation in the arts in Indiana. The partners provide broad local access to arts services and funding opportunities and provides services that include, but are not limited to, grantsmaking and information and referral.
- Indiana Poet Laureate Matthew Graham is focused on representing Indiana arts the art of poetry through appearances, conversations, and other activities and inspire a love of poetry for all citizens.
Regional and National partners with funding opportunities for organizations
- ArtsMidwest is one of six regional arts organizations in the country serving audiences, cultural program presenters, and artists in nine Midwest and Upper Midwest states. The Indiana Arts Commission annually partners with ArtsMidwest for projects that promote creativity, nurture cultural leadership, and engage people in meaningful arts experiences, bringing vitality to communities and enriching people’s lives.
- Established by Congress in 1965, the National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) is the independent federal agency whose funding and support gives Americans the opportunity to participate in the arts, exercise their imaginations, and develop their creative capacities through partnerships with state arts agencies, like the Indiana Arts Commission.
Partnership programs creating opportunities for everyone
- A partnership with the Governor, the Governor's Arts Awards recognizes excellence in artistic achievement, philanthropy, arts education, and leadership in the arts and are presented biennially at a public event.
- A partnership with the Lieutenant Governor and Treasurer of State, Hoosier Women Artists celebrates and further expands the important role art plays in our communities by showcasing the work of talented female artists throughout the Statehouse office of a female elected official.
- A partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and the Poetry Foundation, Poetry Out Loud helps students master public speaking skills, build self-confidence, and learn about literary history and contemporary life. Poetry Ourselves is held in partnership with Poetry Out Loud and is a statewide original poetry competition for high school students.
- A partnership with the Indiana Office of Community and Rural Affairs, QuIP funds the space enhancement and community transformation projects that spark community wide conversation and creativity.
Creating Places by IHCDA
CreatINg Places helps generate public involvement in the selection of creative improvements within their own communities, provides the funding to see the project through completion, and instills community pride.
Indiana Small Business Development Center
The Indiana Small Business Development Center was created to have a positive and measurable impact on the formation, growth, and sustainability of small businesses in Indiana, and to help Hoosier Entrepreneurs start stronger, grow faster, and work smarter