Materials Management Information
INDOT strives to develop, inspect and test materials used to construct and maintains highways, thereby ensuring the most efficient and effective products as used on Indiana transportation construction projects.
- Geotechnical Consultants
- Geotechnical Laboratories
(provided by the Office of Geotechnical Engineering Section of INDOT)
- Satellite Laboratories
- Certified Hot Mix Asphalt Producers
A listing of Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) producers approved to provide HMA for INDOT projects.
- Hot Mix Asphalt Design Labs
A listing of HMA design laboratories approved to perform design work for INDOT projects.
- Approved Materials
A listing of materials and suppliers pre-approved and tested that meet INDOT specifications for immediate use on INDOT Contracts.
- Frequency of Sampling and Testing Manual
This is the manual that outlines the Sampling and Testing requirements of materials for acceptance purposes on INDOT contracts.
- Approved Retaining Wall System Evaluator
This is a list of Certifications that includes the specifications and test result requirements for acceptance of materials.
PG Binder Index Adjustment
- Spreadsheet for PG Binder Index Adjustment
- Instructions for PG Binder Index Adjustment
- Example Spreadsheet
- Monthly PG Binder Index
- PG Binder Index FAQ
Aggregate Bulk Specific Gravity
Publications & Manuals
- Geotechnical Manuals and Guidelines
Manuals, Guidelines, Forms, and Approved List of Suppliers and Geotechnical Consultants.
- Indiana Test Methods or Procedures Index
Test Methods and Procedures developed by INDOT for use with INDOT Specifications.
- Directive Index
Internal procedures developed by INDOT to direct testing activities
- Inspection & Sampling Procedure for Prestressed Structural Members Manual
Manual outlining the procedures to be followed for the inspection of precast prestressed structural members.
- Field Testing of Soils and Aggregate
Procedures to be followed for Acceptance Testing of Soils, Granular Soils and Aggregates.
- Inspection Manual for Pipe
Procedures to be followed for the Acceptance of Pipe.
- Inspection Manual for Precast Concrete Pipe and Structures
Procedures to be followed for the acceptance of Precast Concrete Pipe and Structures.
- IRI Inertial Profiler HMA Quality Adjusted Calculations
- IRI Inertial Profiler PCCP Quality Adjusted Calculations
- IRI Inertial Profiler Testing Grinding Summary Sheet-2
- IRI Field Guide Calculations
- Certified Aggregate Technician Manual
Manual outlining the procedures to be followed by the Certified Aggregate Technicians.
- Indiana Certified Asphalt Technician (ICAT) Manual
Manual outlining the procedures to be followed by the ICAT Technician.
- Certified Hot Mix Asphalt Field Supervisor Manual
Manual outlining the procedures to be followed by the Certified Hot Mix Asphalt Field Supervisor.
- Certified PCCP Field Supervisor Manual
Manual outlining the procedures to be followed by the Certified PCCP Field Supervisor.
- Inspection & Sampling Procedures for Fine & Coarse Aggregates
Procedures to be followed for the inspection and sampling of fine and coarse aggregate stockpiles.
- Superstructure Concrete Certified Technician Program Manual
Manual outlining the procedures to be followed by the Certified Superstructure Concrete Technician.
Indiana Department of Transportation
120 S. Shortridge Road.
Indianapolis, IN 46219