Effective July 1, 2014 the Indiana Building Plan Review process will have a new format. NO new information will be required to file building plans. Please review the below links for information on the new policy and procedure.
Filing Plans for Review
To check on the status of your project - CLICK HERE
Electronic Filing Information - CLICK HERE
Fire Suppression System Filing Information - CLICK HERE
- To determine if your project may be exempt from filing with the State, please send an email to IDHS plan review staff at email@example.com. Please give a detailed description of work to be performed as well as City and County.
- If you wish to have your project expedited, please contact IDHS plan review staff at 317-232-6422. Please be aware that there is a $5000 fee for expediting a project. Thank you for your patience.
The Plan Review staff reviews plans for construction and alteration of Class I structures for compliance with applicable adopted codes and standards, and prepares design releases for approval by the State Fire Marshal. Three main programs are included in this process: project filing, review and release documentation.
The Fire and Building Safety Division will only accept VISA Credit Cards for those applications that are filed on-line from our web site. VISA Credit Cards will NO LONGER BE ACCEPTED for a fax or walk-in customer.
- 2010 Indiana Energy Conservation Code Information
Interpretation of 675 IAC 14-4.3 (Indiana Residential Code, 2005 edition).
- Code Book Information
- Administrative Reviews
- Indiana Administrative Code
- DBC/Local Building Officials List for the State of Indiana
If You Have Questions
- Telephone Assistance Numbers
- Plan Review Frequently Asked Questions
- Plan Review Downloadable Applications