Info Agency Main Banner Content
Employee Benefits Overview
Life outside of work
|Vacation Leave||Up to 90 hours earned per year. Bonus vacation leave after 5, 10 and 20 years of service.|
|Sick Leave||Up to 67.5 hours earned per year.|
|Personal Leave||Up to 22.5 hours earned per year.|
|Holidays||Twelve (12) holidays per year, fourteen (14) during an election year. View current holiday schedule|
|Other Paid Leave||Funeral Leave, Jury Duty Leave and Military Leave.|
|Family Leave||Up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave per year for family care, adoption or childbirth.|
|Community Service Leave||Promotes the direct involvement of State employees in public services in their communities through volunteer efforts.|
Insurance for you and your family
|Health Insurance||Visit the Employee Benefits Home for information about plans offered. These include two Consumer-Driven Health Plans (CDHPs) with an accompanying Health Savings Account (HSA) and one Preferred Provider Organization (Trad PPO) plan.|
|Dental||The state contributes to the premium, enabling all employees to participate in this plan.|
|Vision||The state contributes to the premium, enabling all employees to participate in this plan.|
|Life Insurance||Group term insurance is available up to 150% of salary. Supplemental plans are available as well as dependent life coverage.|
|Short / Long Term Disability Benefits||The state shares the cost for your participation in the disability plan.|
Retirement Plans to help you plan for your future
|Public Employees Retirement Fund||The state pays 100% of the cost. Individual accounts are maintained for each employee. Investment options are available. Visit the INPRS website at www.in.gov/inprs.|
|Deferred Compensation||The Hoosier S.T.A.R.T. 457 and 401(a) plans, like their private sector counterpart, the 401(k) plan, offer public employees an excellent way to save for their retirement through tax deferred contributions to their own individual accounts. Visit the Hoosier S.T.A.R.T. website at www.in.gov/auditor/hoosierstart.|
|Automatic Deposit||Direct deposit of payroll checks and state deposits to one’s eligible Health Savings Account (HSA).|
|Employee Assistance Service||Provides employee and family member support during difficult times either directly by phone or by referral to resources in the community. Learn more about Anthem EAP at www.in.gov/spd/2466.htm.|
|Parking||Free parking is available at most state facilities.|
Are you currently employed with or planning to pursue a career with a Public Service organization? You may qualify for forgiveness of any remaining balance on your eligible federal student loans thanks to the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
About Public Service Loan Forgiveness:
- The purpose of the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program is to encourage individuals to enter and continue working in public service jobs.
- You may qualify if you work full-time in a public service position and meet other eligibility requirements.
- This program is for Direct Loans only.
- Requires 120 separate on-time monthly qualifying payments and was just established in 2007, no borrower will be eligible for forgiveness until 2017.
Learn more about Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program at www.myfedloan.org click on Loan Forgiveness under Manage Accounts.
- Instructions for New Employee Benefits Enrollment
- Benefits Quick Step Guide
- Employment Benefits
- 2018 Health Insurance Rates
- Medical Plan Comparison
- Carrier Information
- The HSA Authority - HSA informational packet
- 2018 Payroll & Benefits effective chart
- 2018 Creditable Coverage Disclosure Notice
- Anthem Dental Summary
- Anthem Blue View Vision Summary
- Minnesota Life Insurance Benefits Summary
- Employee Group Insurance Benefit Handbook
- Benefits Glossary
- State Information Center