Medicare and SHIP
Medicare Open Enrollment is October 15 - December 7
Did you know Medicare plans can change year to year? That’s why, during Medicare Open Enrollment, it pays to compare your current coverage with all your choices for 2021. Plan premiums are at historic lows, and hundreds of plans are offering insulin for just $35 a month, so you could save some money. Not to mention get some extra benefits. Call 1-800-452-4800 to schedule free assistance with a SHIP Counselor.
Start today. Open Enrollment ends December 7th.
Do you have questions about Medicare Coverage and the Coronavirus?
Here are links to trusted information sources:
Specific to Medicare Coverage:
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Responses cms.gov/About-CMS/Agency-Information/Emergency/EPRO/Current-Emergencies/Current-Emergencies-page
- Medicare & Coronavirus medicare.gov/medicare-coronavirus
General information & updates:
- Coronavirus.gov is the source for the latest information about COVID-19 prevention, symptoms, and answers to common questions.
- USA.gov has the latest information about what the U.S. Government is doing in response to COVID-19.
Indiana Specific Information:
What is SHIP?
The State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) is a free and impartial counseling program for people with Medicare. SHIP is provided by the Administration on Community Living and the Indiana Department of Insurance. We are part of a federal network of State Health Insurance Assistance Programs located in every state. All of our services are free.
SHIP is not affiliated with any insurance company or agency and does not sell insurance. We are staffed by a crew of volunteer counselors who have completed intensive training to offer you objective assistance in complete confidence. Click the links below to see what SHIP can do for you.
If you do not live in Indiana, please click here to find your local Medicare contact information.
To contact a counselor at our central office call 1-800-452-4800.
Our TDD line for the hearing impaired, call 866-846-0139.
Contact us for our free services: Ask questions, request brochures and information packets, comment on our web site, or schedule a SHIP speaker--all for free.
**This project was supported, in part by grant number 90SAPG0008, from the U.S. Administration for Community Living, Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, D.C. 20201.
- Rate Watch
- File a Patient's Compensation Fund Certificate of Insurance
- File a consumer complaint
- File a provider complaint
- Compare Medigap insurance policies
- Apply to be a bail agent
- Title Insurance Rate Comparison Tool
- Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers "RREAL IN" Database
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center