2019-20 AmeriCorps State Funding Opportunity
Serve Indiana is seeking high quality applicant organizations for 2019-20 AmeriCorps State funding. AmeriCorps State provides opportunities for individuals to make an intensive commitment to service with the goal of “helping others and meeting critical needs in the community.” This is a national program administered by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS). The Corporation of National and Community Service provides grants to national and local nonprofits, schools, government agencies, faith-based and community organizations, and other groups committed to strengthening their communities through service and volunteering.
In Indiana, the AmeriCorps*State grant is administered by Serve Indiana. Serve Indiana manages the grant application process for AmeriCorps*State, including issuing requests for proposals, conducting application reviews, and awarding grants. It also provides training and technical assistance to support sub-grantees and in turn, monitors programs, host-sites, and members to ensure compliance to federal and state grant requirements. The performance of each program is tracked and measured to established targets and outcomes.
For additional information, see our Grant Application Review Process and Policy or contact Elspeth Hilton at 317-233-0901 or email@example.com. Elspeth will be out on maternity leave starting in mid to late November through February 2019. During this time, applicants should continue to call her office line and leave a voicemail, emailed questions or concerns should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org . A Serve Indiana staff member will review these requests and send applicants on to the proper staff member for response. All new and re-compete applicants are encouraged to set up a time with Elspeth Hilton at Serve Indiana prior to starting the application.
NOFO and application materials
Performance Measures Instructions
Serve Indiana is releasing one NOFO and Application Instruction document for both their fall and spring application dates. It is the responsibility of applicant to know their type of application and due date.
- Fall notice of intent to apply:
October 19, 2018
- Fall application due date:
November 2, 2018
- Spring application (for current programs) due date: March 19, 2019
Applicants are encouraged to write their application outside the eGrants system prior to submission. Below are several templates available for applicants to use to write their grants.
Any National Direct applying to host members in Indiana should complete Serve Indiana’s National Direct Consultation form survey. This link can be located here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FY19Consult. Following a submission, the National Direct applicant should expect an email from a Serve Indiana staff member confirming the survey. For questions or concerns, please contact Naejla Walton at NWalton@serveindiana.gov .
- Part 1: What is AmeriCorps? The Basics of AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps State Funding, & Program Management
- Part 2: Application Review
- Part 3: Logic Models, Budget, & Performance Measures
Webinar Grant Application Review Process Assistance. Please RSVP to email@example.com. At the time of the webinar, use the login information below.
- Monday, September 24th from 1:00-2:30 p.m.
- This webinar covered the basics of AmeriCorps State funding in Indiana, best practices for creating an application, frequently asked questions, and additional questions from those in attendance. This should be reviewed in conjunction with the 2019-20 application materials and other technical assistance provided on this website.
- Thursday, October 4th from 10:00-11:30 a.m.
Webinar Login Information:
- Click: https://indiana.webex.com/join/mmcaleavey
- No login needed, just add your name/email and it will let you move forward in the meeting
- Audio line:
- Dial: 240-454-0887
- Conference Code: 731 417 570