HoosierRx is a program that can help you pay for your monthly medications. Individuals can receive up to $70 per month to help pay monthly Medicare Part D premiums.
To qualify for HoosierRx, individuals must:
- Be an Indiana resident
- Be aged 65 years or older
- Have an annual income under 150% FPL (an extra income of $20 per month is disregarded)
- Have applied for the "Medicare Extra Help" through Social Security to pay for your Medicare Part D plan and received either a "Notice of Award" or "Notice of Denial" from Social Security
- Your Social Security "Notice of Denial" must be because your resources are above the limit established by law.
- Your Social Security "Notice of Award" must state that you are receiving a partial extra help subsidy to help pay your Medicare Part D premium.
- Have a Medicare Part D plan through one of the following companies:
- AARP/United HealthCare
Find information about HoosierRx within the HoosierRx brochure.