Header

  Close Menu

Locust Grove

Locust Grove is the site of a Georgian mansion built circa 1792 by William and Lucy Clark Croghan. Here William and Lucy, along with Lucy’s brother, General George Rogers Clark, hosted visits from presidents, political leaders, and other luminaries of their time. George and Lucy welcomed their younger brother William Clark and Meriwether Lewis to Locust Grove in 1806 as they returned from their historic Lewis and Clark Expedition.