As a new teacher, you have 60 days from your date of hire to choose between two retirement options – the traditional TRF Hybrid plan (defined benefit plus a defined contribution account) or the My Choice: Retirement Savings Plan. To look at a comparison of the two plans, review this fact sheet: TRF Hybrid vs. My Choice: Retirement Savings Plan Fact Sheet. If you do not choose within 60 days, you will default into the Hybrid plan. Your choice, or default, is irrevocable so please make an informed decision. For more information about making a decision, click here for more information about this option.
Effective July 1, 2019, new TRF members will be able to choose between two retirement plans: the TRF Hybrid plan and the TRF My Choice: Retirement Savings plan.
- Sign Up for Our TRF E-Newsletter
- You have 60 days to decide which one is right for you
- Recent Newsletter Issues
- TRF Hybrid Plan at a Glance
- TRF My Choice: Retirement Savings Plan at a Glance
- Fact Sheets and Brochures
- Investment Fund Fact Sheets
- TRF Hybrid Plan vs My Choice: Retirement Savings Plan Side-by-Side Comparison Chart
- Retirement Benefit Payment Dates