Cut Road and Pole-Line

Cut Road and Pole-Line Fee ($55 non-refundable application/permit fee)


Please use our EPS system to apply for a permit. If you do not already have an EPS account please click on register for a new account.  Fill out the information and click on the green register button at the bottom.  When you received the EPS email, click on the link and it will take you to the EPS login page.


Check the status of a permit application in progress to provide additional information that may have been requested.

The Username and password provided when initially applying for a permit will be required

Check the status of your permit here: EPS Login

Cut Road/Pole Line Requirements

Cut Road:  This type of permit is required for the work involving some form of excavation or grading to be performed on state right-of-way:

  • Installation or repair of underground pipelines or cables
  • Grading the right-of-way for drainage or aesthetic purposes
  • Installation or repair of curbs or sidewalks
  • Replacement of curb at a driveway without any modification in the geometrics of the driveway.
  • Removal or installation of right-of-way fence   
  • Plantation of trees, flowers and other vegetation for aesthetic purposes
  • Placement of a logo sign on the informational sign panels, erected under contract by the Department at interchanges on the interstate system which provide directional information for business establishments offering good and services in the interest of the traveling public.

Pole Line: This type of permit is required for the installation of poles and/or aerial lines on the state right-of-way.  This includes the placement of poles or lines in the rebuilding of an existing pole line and lines that cross over state right-of way. 

Become an IN.Gov Subscriber:

Permits can be paid for by credit card or through monthly billing from IN.Gov.  Subscribing to the Portal will allow you access to more State agency services.  For more information about the additional services, please call IN.Gov at 1-888-446-3468 and select option #1.