ILEA Free Online Training for Credit
- Online Training Courses on FirstForward
- How To Get Credit For Your Online Training
- Trouble Shooting for Online Training
Online Training from ILEA now offered for is free to any Indiana Law Enforcement Officer on FirstForward. Creating an account on FirstForward is also free for Individuals and Departments. Department Training coordinators can be granted Organizational Admin rights with the ability to assign and track training of members of your department. Here is what is really cool; any completed training can easily be submitted to ACADIS with a few clicks.
Individuals can go to www.firstforward.com to sign up for your free membership on their own or they can be invited by the Organizational Admin.
Department Training Coordinators and Department Heads can setup your Department account and assign an Administrator by contacting FirstForward at 812-330-7101 or email: email@example.com.
How To Get Credit For Your Online Training
The Indiana Law Enforcement Academy offers online classes as self guided study for anyone who would like to take them. Indiana Law Enforcement Officers may receive credit for successfully completing these classes.
Please follow the directions below on how to RECEIVE IN-SERVICE CREDIT that will count towards your annual In-Service required hours.
- You must register for EACH class you wish to take, but can use the same logon and password.
- Complete all the class requirements with a passing score.
- Print the certificate of completion.
- Report the training by submitting a copy of the certificate to your department Training Coordinator.
- The Training Coordinator will report the training through Acadis as part of your annual in-service training using the ILEA course and provider number (35-6000-158-103) as shown on the certificate.
- You may only take each class once, you will not receive credit for repeating a class.
Use the following link to make sure your computer has the proper components and the Adobe Connect Add-in to be able to view these programs: http://carahsoft.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm.
FROZEN - WILL NOT ADVANCE:
If you experience a problem with these training programs where they will not progress to the next slide, it may be due to an issue on your network. This problem can be resolved by bringing the issue to the attention of your network administrator. Refer them to the following link for information on how to fix the problem: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/164/tn_16499.html. The issue has to do with a network firewall port (frequently 1935) that is blocking flash video from the server.
PRINTING CERTIFICATE AND OTHER ISSUES:
Be sure to use Microsoft Internet Explorer as your internet browser, some people have experienced problem when using Google Chrome or Firefox . Problems have been notes with audio and video not playing, problem answering quiz question, and certificate not displaying or printing. If you have any of these issues it is recommended that you try using Microsoft Internet Explorer to see if that resolves the issues.
OTHER TECHNICAL ISSUES:
If you have any other technical difficulties or need help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your full name, the email address you used to create your login, a contact phone number with a DETAILED description of the problem, or Tim Underwood at (317) 837-3271 or John Glover at (317) 837-3282 .