Energy Assistance Program PY2022
Click here to access the Detailed Model Plan for PY2022 DRAFT
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING FOR STATE PLAN
Pursuant to Public Law subsection 2605 (a) (2), the State of Indiana wishes to encourage the public to participate in the development of the State of Indiana LIHEAP State Plan for federal fiscal year 2022. In accordance with this regulation, the State is providing the opportunity for the public to comment on the 2022 State Plan draft report, which will be submitted to the US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Community Services, on or before September 1, 2021.
Date: Wednesday, July 28, 2021
Time: 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM Eastern time
On the day of the hearing, interested persons may call in at this number:
1-317-552-1674: Participant Code 983 870 893 followed by #.
Participants may also join the meeting on a computer or mobile app via Microsoft Teams. The URL will be available upon request by e-mailing email@example.com.
The public is invited to make comments through August 16, 2021 in one of the three ways below:
- In writing to:
Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority
Community Programs Manager – Energy Assistance Program
30 S. Meridian Street, Suite 900
Indianapolis, IN 46204
- By e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or by telephone at 317-234-8489 and leave a message.
Energy Assistance Program
Thank you for your interest in the Energy Assistance Program. The application period for Program Year 2021 closed on May 14, 2021. Information regarding Program Year 2022, including how you may apply and when applications will be accepted, will be released later this summer.
If you need immediate assistance, please call 211 or contact your Local Service Provider for referrals to additional resources available in your area. Your Local Service Provider may also have access to additional funding sources to provide assistance. If you are currently scheduled for disconnection on your heating or electric utility, please contact your utility provider and negotiate a payment agreement to avoid disconnection.
- What is Energy Assistance?
- What are the Income Limits and Eligibility Requirements?
- When Can I Apply for EAP?
- What is Moratorium?
- How long will it take before I get my benefit?
- How can I appeal if I was denied or if I believe my benefit amount is incorrect?
- How Do I Apply for EAP?
- How do I access the EAP Online Application Portal?
- What should i do if I am about to be disconnected?
- What other kinds of Utility Assistance is available?
- Your Appeal Rights and Right to Timely Processing of Your Energy Assistance Program Application
- What is the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)?