Info Agency Main Banner Content
Pre-Licensing Exam Content Outlines and Study Materials
Exam Content Outlines
The Examination Content Outlines were developed to identify and classify the entry level knowledge that insurance producers need to properly serve their clients. The Examination Content Outlines include the following:
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life and Health Insurance
- Property and Casualty Insurance
- Personal Lines Insurance
- Laws and Regulations - Life Insurance
- Laws and Regulations - Property and Casualty Insurance
- Laws and Regulations - Health
- Laws and Regulations - Life and Health Insurance
- Bail Agent & Recovery Agent
- Public Adjuster
- Surplus Lines Insurance
The content outlines are updated periodically and may not be consistent with outdated study material in the manuals. Where such discrepancies exist, the outlines take precedence.
Test questions were researched and developed based on questions submitted to industry professionals in Indiana for review and approval. This process assures that the tests reflect content that you, as an entry-level producer, will need to know to properly perform your duties for the insurance-buying public.
- Be certain that the study materials you use cover the topics in the outlines
- IDOI does not specify an official study manual but provides a list of approved pre-licensing education (PE) providers and the Examination Content Outlines.
- Providers of pre-licensing study courses select appropriate study materials, which (when combined with classroom lectures and discussion) should cover the material contained in the approved content outlines.
- You may obtain study material suggestions from insurance companies, the company or agency for which you plan to work or local insurance and agents' associations.
- IDOI does not advise using examination questions on the market in CD format as a basis of study.
If you receive a study course requirement waiver or wish additional review, you are free to use material of your own choosing to prepare for the license examination.
The examination outlines contain a section on Indiana Statutes. In addition to the study material, you may wish to consult a standard statute reference. These standard statute reference sources are generally available at any public or law library.
Not all questions on the examinations will necessarily be covered in your course(s) or the study manuals. The content outlines are updated periodically and may not be consistent with outdated study material in the manuals. Where such discrepancies exist, the outlines take precedence.
- Rate Watch
- File a Patient's Compensation Fund Certificate of Insurance
- File a consumer complaint
- File a provider complaint
- Compare Medigap insurance policies
- Apply to be a bail agent
- Title Insurance Rate Comparison Tool
- Residential Real Estate Acquisition of Licensee Information and Numbers "RREAL IN" Database
- More IN.gov Online Services
- IN.gov Subscriber Center