To Submit Electronically:
- Regulatory Services Portal IESA Account login page: The RSP service is designed to make it easier for customers to electronically submit notifications, applications and data.
About the Rule 6 Stormwater Discharges
Where can I find the Rule associated with Industrial Stormwater Permits?
- 327 IAC 15-6 (Rule 6) [PDF] (Select Article 15, NPDES General Permit Rule Program, Scroll to page 23)
Note: Additional information regarding the requirements for a General Permit is included in 327 IAC 15-1 through 4 of the General Permit Rule.
Who is required to comply with 327 IAC 15-6?
How does the Rule 6 permitting process work?
What other permits may be required for an industrial site regulated under Rule 6?
- Construction/Land Disturbance Stormwater Permits (327 IAC 15-5, Rule 5)
- 401 Water Quality Certification Program (IDEM, Office of Water Quality)
- Construction in the Floodway (Department of Natural Resource, Division of Water)
- Industrial Wastewater Permits (IDEM, Office of Water Quality)
Quick References to Rule 6 Topics
Indiana State Forms
The following forms are available on the IDEM Agency Forms page:
- Rule 6: General Permit Annual Report - 54185
- Rule 6: Industrial Stormwater Discharge Monitoring Report - 53590
- Rule 6: Notice of Intent (NOI) Letter - 51286
- Rule 6: Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWP3) - 51287
- Rule 6: Notice of Termination/Exclusion (NOT/E) Letter - 54087
- Notice of Intent (NOI) Letter Submittal
- Permit Length
- Permit Renewal
- Notice of Termination (NOT)/Permit Exclusions, Including No Exposure (Submittal and Eligibility)
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWP3) Development
- Stormwater Sampling and Monitoring
- Annual Report
- Step by Step Process for Compliance with 327 IAC 15-6 (Go to Step 6)
- Individual Stormwater Permit
- List of Industrial Stormwater Permits
- Industrial Stormwater Definitions
- Guidance Document: Stormwater Permitting for Marinas [DOC]
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SIC Code Identification: OSHA webpage or facilities currently using the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) can find conversion tables into SIC Code online.
For more information regarding construction and industrial stormwater permitting, please contact the IDEM Stormwater Permit Coordinator.