To Submit Electronically:
- Regulatory Services Portal IESA Account login page: The RSP service is designed to make it easier for customers to electronically submit notifications, applications and data.
About the Rule 6 Storm Water Discharges
Where can I find the Rule associated with Industrial Storm Water Permits?
- 327 IAC 15-6 (Rule 6) [PDF] (Select Rule 6, Storm Water Discharges Exposed to Industrial Activity from the index or Scroll to page 23)
Note: Additional information regarding the requirements for a General Permit is included in 327 IAC 15-1 through 4 of the General Permit Rule.
Who is required to comply with 327 IAC 15-6?
How does the Rule 6 permitting process work?
What other permits may be required for an industrial site regulated under Rule 6?
- Construction/Land Disturbance Storm Water Permits (327 IAC 15-5, Rule 5)
- 401 Water Quality Certification Program (IDEM, Office of Water Quality)
- Construction in the Floodway (Department of Natural Resource, Division of Water)
- Industrial Wastewater Permits (IDEM, Office of Water Quality)
Quick References to Rule 6 Topics
Indiana State Forms
The following forms are available on the IDEM Forms page:
- Rule 6: General Permit Annual Report - 54185
- Rule 6: Industrial Storm Water Discharge Monitoring Report - 53590
- Rule 6: Notice of Intent (NOI) Letter - 51286
- Rule 6: Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWP3) - 51287
- Rule 6: Notice of Termination/Exclusion (NOT/E) Letter - 54087
U.S. EPA Forms
- No Exposure Certification Form (U.S. EPA NPDES Form 3510-11) [PDF]
- Notice of Intent (NOI) Letter Submittal
- Permit Length
- Permit Renewal
- Notice of Termination (NOT)/Permit Exclusions (Submittal and Eligibility)
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWP3) Development
- Storm Water Sampling and Monitoring
- Annual Report
- Step by Step Process for Compliance with 327 IAC 15-6 (Go to Step 6)
- Individual Storm Water Permit
- List of Industrial Storm Water Permits
- Industrial Storm Water Definitions
- Guidance Document: Storm Water Permitting for Marinas [DOC]
- Frequently Asked Questions
- SIC Code Identification: OSHA webpage or facilities currently using the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) can find conversion tables into SIC Code online.
For more information regarding 327 IAC 15-6 (Rule 6), please contact the IDEM Storm Water Permit Coordinator.