IDEM’s Data Management and Display System provides public access to Indiana air quality maps, data reports and graphs, noncontinuous data, automated gas chromatograph data, and general information on monitoring sites. Current and historical air monitoring and air quality summaries and reports and links to neighboring states' sites are available.
Air Quality Maps
These maps display near-real time air pollutant and meteorological monitoring data from active, continuous air monitoring sites across Indiana, which operate 24 hours per day, 7 days per week:
- Air Quality Index (AQI)
- This map shows daily AQI ratings for five of the National Ambient Air Quality Standards pollutants and the critical pollutant that is driving the AQI rating in each metropolitan area, county, or other area where IDEM is monitoring pollutant levels.
- Current Pollutant Levels:
- Current Meteorological Conditions:
Data Reports and Graphs
- Air Quality Index (AQI) Report provides current peak concentration, corresponding AQI category, and the AQI rating for each of the NAAQS pollutants that IDEM measures in real time.
- AQI Yearly Summary provides current and historical yearly summaries of daily AQI results for all (or individual) metro areas.
- Air Quality Forecast provides the current estimated Air Quality Index and AQI forecast by region.
- Current Hourly Averages provides near-real time hourly averages for meteorological conditions and monitored pollutants at selected stations around Indiana.
- Current Values provides the latest hourly data collected at IDEM’s continuous ambient monitoring stations.
- Data by Parameter (under Data Reports and Graphs) provides reports and charts on ozone, carbon monoxide, PM10, PM2.5, meteorology, and any parameter.
- Daily, monthly, and yearly summary reports and hourly data graphs by site provide hourly data collected at IDEM’s (and other select monitoring entities’) continuous ambient monitoring stations.
- Hourly Graphs by Parameter (All Sites) provides hourly pollutant and meteorological data from IDEM monitoring stations by date, parameter, and region.
Monthly and yearly summaries of noncontinuous data for particulate matter, lead, and other metals is available by year and site. IDEM uses a manual sampling method to collect noncontinuous 24-hour data for particulate matter on a daily (one sample per day), 3-day (one sample every 3 days), and 6-day (one sample every 6 days) basis and for lead and other metals on a 6-day basis.
Automated Gas Chromatograph Data (AutoGC)
General Information on Monitoring Sites
Air monitoring site information (including the name, address, city, and metro area covered), site photos, and a regional map showing continuous ambient monitor locations and the parameters monitored at each site are available.
Air Monitoring Summaries and Reports
Quick View Current Monitoring Data Summaries
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Summary Table [XLSX]
- Lead (Pb) Summary Table [XLSX]
- Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) Summary Table [XLSX]
- Ozone (O3) Summary Table [XLSX]
- Particulate Matter (PM2.5) Summary Table [XLSX]
- Particulate Matter (PM10) Summary Table [XLSX]
- Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) Summary Table [XLSX]
Air Quality Data Reports
- Black Carbon Special Studies and Data Reports
- Ozone Data Summaries (including annual ozone season summary reports, 8-hour ozone status, Air Quality Action Days and exceedance days summaries, and 8-hour ozone critical values)
- Particulate Matter Data Summaries (including PM 2.5 Air Quality Action Days and exceedance days summaries, PM2.5 speciation reports, and PM special studies)
- Sulfate Data
- Sulfur Dioxide Summary Report (annual reports concerning of SO2 national air health standards, Indiana’s SO2 monitoring network, SO2 monitoring data summaries, air quality trends, and the status of SO2 designations in Indiana)
Seasonal and Annual Data Reports
- Fine Particles, Ozone Season, and Sulfur Dioxide Summary Reports
Historical Air Quality Trends
- Criteria Pollutants Air Quality Trend Analysis Report (1980 - 2010)
- Historical Air Quality Trends by Region
Air Toxics Monitoring and Studies
Special Monitoring Projects
- Fine Particles
- Lead: Whiting Metals, Hammond, IN [XLSX]
- Includes lead readings in micrograms per cubic meter (µ/m3), day of the week, average wind speed in miles per hour (mph), number of hours wind speed exceeded 10 mph, inches of precipitation on the day of sampling, and rainfall two days prior to sampling.
- Hartford City Special Study [PDF]:
- In response to concerns regarding the Hartford Iron and Metal facility (HI&M) in Hartford City, Indiana, including a letter sent to the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) by the Blackford County Concerned Citizens (BCCC), the Office of Air Quality (OAQ) conducted a special monitoring study near the facility from May 2020 through August 2020.