State Forms Program
The Indiana Archives and Records Administration (IARA) is charged with establishing State Forms standards, the Forms Catalog, and the forms numbering system.
Are you a new Forms Coordinator? Contact email@example.com if you require training.
Are you a forms designer - do you create and revise State Forms for your agency or division? For assistance please see the resources below and reach out to your agency Forms Coordinator.
Not sure who your agency Forms Coordinator is? Use our handy list of Agency Records and Forms Coordinators.
Training Resources for Forms Coordinators and form designers
Agency Forms Coordinator Handbook - Updated August 2023
State Form Design from Scratch - New August 2023 (only visible to logged-in State employees)
Forms Coordinator Orientation Video Tutorial - only visible to logged-in State employees.
State Forms Design Tutorials: A playlist of short 2-5 minute tutorials that explain how to do common State forms tasks in Word and Adobe Acrobat. Microsoft Stream - only visible to logged-in State employees. Don't see what you need? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Word Tutorials - only visible to logged-in State employees
- Building a Form - Using the Table Format in Word
- Adjusting the Size of a Single Cell in a Table
- Telephone Number Field Creation
- Editing the Title Area in Word
- Removing / Adding Borders in Word
- Fixing Checkboxes (Objects) in Word
- Using the Developer Tab in Word
- Testing Fillable Word and PDF Forms
- Creating a Clean Word Copy of a State Form
- Adding Checkboxes to State Forms
- Creating Fillable Form Fields in Word
- Unlocking and Locking Word Documents
- Creating a Redline Copy in Word