Records Management Bulletins
for County/Local GovernmentLearn More
Closed Vocational Institution RecordsLearn More
Indiana Electronic Records ProgramLearn More
COVID-19 Record Collection Guidelines
for Indiana Government AgenciesLearn More
Online Records Management Training
for State and Local Government EmployeesLearn More
Records Management Bulletins
for State GovernmentLearn More
Online Training for State and Local Employees
IARA now offers six online tutorials! They're all available here on our website, and the five courses applicable to State Government employees can also be taken for credit through the State Employee Learning Center in SuccessFactors.
State Government Employee Courses:
- Records Management Basics (ELRN SOI_IARA_000001): How and why we manage public records in state government, and how the Archives and Records Administration can help.
- Reading and Interpreting Records Retention Schedules (ELRN SOI_IARA_000002): What a Retention Schedule is, what it looks like, and how to apply it.
- Creating and Updating Records Retention Schedules (ELRN SOI_IARA_000003): A guide to the process of working with IARA to make sure your agency Retention Schedule is current and accurate, and how to update it when that's not the case.
- Tips for E-Mail Management (ELRN SOI_IARA_000006): Useful for any State or County/Local Employee!
- Forms Management (ELRN SOI_IARA_000005): For State Employees who need to create or update State Forms for their agency.
County/Local Government Employee Courses:
- Records Management for Indiana County and Local Government (IARA website only): How and why we manage public records in local government, and how the Archives and Records Administration can help.
- Tips for E-Mail Management (IARA website version): Useful for any State or County/Local Employee!
Join the Indiana Archives Virtual Volunteer Program!
Looking for something to do from home? Join our FromThePage project and become a Virtual Volunteer! We have started a new project to index some of our state’s Civil War records.
Near the start of the Civil War in the summer of 1862, the Secretary of War Edwin M. Stanton directed all northern states to fill a draft call for 300,000 men. In Indiana, two separate lists were created, one for men who had already enlisted in the volunteer forces and another listing all white men between the ages of 18 and 45 years who were able to be potentially drafted into the military.
You can help create an index to these records from home - all you need is an Internet connection.
To help, visit our Indiana Draft Enrollment Lists of 1862 or the Indiana Volunteer Militia Enrollment Lists of 1862 on FromThePage.com and click Start Transcribing. You will be prompted to sign up for a free account.
For some transcription tips, check the Help tab on the page for any individual Work, and please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Follow Us on Social Media
The Indiana Archives and Records Administration participates in social networking sites in order to share events, announcements, photos, and stories from the Indiana State Archives. Our goal is to share Indiana history and information with as many individuals as possible.
By clicking the icons below, you will be taken to a web service that is not owned by the State of Indiana and has different privacy and security policies. The State of Indiana is not responsible for, and does not endorse, guarantee, or monitor content, availability, viewpoints, products, or services that are offered or expressed on non IN.gov portal websites.