Surveys and Reports
Key Reports & Research Articles
Indiana Youth Tobacco Survey
- 2022 Indiana Youth Tobacco Survey Highlights - 6/2023
- 2018 Youth Tobacco Survey Highlights - 8/2019
- 2018 Youth Tobacco Survey Full Report - 8/2019
Indiana Adult Tobacco Survey
- 2022 Indiana Adult Tobacco Survey Summary - 11/2022
- 2022 Indiana Adult Tobacco Survey - Cessation Highlights - 6/2023
Indiana Specific Reports
- Impact of smoke-free ordinance strength on smoking prevalence and lung cancer incidence
- Prepared for the Tobacco Prevention and Cessation Commission by C. Lewis and T. Zollinger
- Effects of Smoking Ban on Acute Myocardial Infarction Hospitalization in Marion County
Comparison of heart attack admissions in Marion County and Indianapolis hospitals before and after the Indianapolis smoke-free air law implementation in 2012. Completed by Yi Wang, Ph.D., Anne M. Weaver, PD. 2017
- The Economic Impact of Smoke-Free Policies on Business and Health
Indiana University Center for Health Policy report: Smoke-free workplace laws save lives and money without hurting businesses.
- The Economic Impact of Tobacco Use in Indiana (2005)
Study looks at the cost of tobacco on Indiana's economy. Completed by Patrick M. Barkey, Ph.D., Bureau of Business Research, Ball State University
- Indiana Cancer Facts & Figures 2015
The Indiana Cancer Consortium published a comprehensive report on cancer in Indiana--"Indiana Cancer Facts and Figures." This report contains the most accurate and current cancer data for Indiana assembled in a single source.
- Saving Lives Saving Money
Two reports from the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network measure the dramatic health and economic benefits of enacting strong tobacco control policies in the states. The reports quantify lives saved, reduction in smokers, and health costs saved in each state from implementing comprehensive smoke-free laws or tobacco tax increases.
- Evaluation of a federally funded mass media campaign and smoking cessation in pregnant women: a population-based study in three states
December 2017. This is the first study to examine the association between a general mass media anti-tobacco campaign, Tips from Former Smokers®, and smoking cessation in pregnant women.
- The impact of a local smoke-free air law on wagering at an off-track betting facility in Indiana
Tobacco Control, March 2011
- Receptivity to Taboka and Camel Snus in a U.S. Test Market
Nicotine & Tobacco Research, October 2009. Researchers analyzed 2006 and 2007 Indiana ATS data to explore consumer receptivity to Snus.
- Reduced Admissions for Acute Myocardial Infarction Associated with a Public Smoking Ban: Matched Controlled Study
Journal of Drug Education, 2007
- How state counter-industry campaigns help prime perceptions of tobacco industry practices to promote reductions in youth smoking
Tobacco Control, December 2005
- Interorganizational Relationships Within State Tobacco Control Networks: A Social Network Analysis
Preventing Chronic Disease, October 2004. Indiana is the subject of this research article.
External Evaluation Reports
Indiana Air Monitoring Studies
Indianapolis Air Monitoring Study
Indoor air quality study conducted before and after implementation of smoke-free workplace law in June 2012.
Delaware County Air Monitoring Study
Indoor air quality study conducted before and after implementation of smoke-free workplace law in August 2011.
Indianapolis Air Monitoring Study
This study examined indoor air quality in a sample of bars, restaurants, and nightclubs in Indianapolis that permitted smoking.
Fort Wayne Air Monitoring Study
Indoor air quality study conducted before and after implementation of smoke-free workplace law on June 1, 2007.
Executive Summary of Fort Wayne Air Monitoring Study
West Lafayette Air Monitoring Study
Indoor air quality study conducted before and after implementation of smoke-free workplace law on July 1, 2007.
Grant County Air Monitoring Study
Indoor air quality study comparing workplaces that allow smoking and workplaces that are smoke-free.
New Albany Air Monitoring Study
Indoor air quality study comparing workplaces that allowing smoking in New Albany compared to similar workplaces in smoke-free Louisville, KY.
Indiana Air Monitoring Study-April 2005
This study examined indoor air quality in a sample of restaurants and bars in 3 Indiana cities, Bloomington, Indianapolis, and Fort Wayne.