Resources for Professionals
Medical Radiology Services Program
The Medical Radiology Services Program at the Indiana Department of Health provides guidance and assistance to Indiana citizens and health care providers regarding radiation safety and protection.
Infection Control in Dental Facilities
The information provided in the link below is for dental care professionals in Indiana on Universal Precautions and Infectious Waste as they relate to Infection Control.
When you click on the link for this course, it may appear in a separate window, it may be downloaded to a folder on your computer, or it may be added as an item accessible by clicking on the arrow in the banner at the top of your browser window.
Infection Control in Dental Facilities in Indiana - This information was created by the Oral Health Program in May 2015 and updated in June 2021.
In order to participate in the continuing education program, you will need to create an IN-TRAIN account if you do not already have one.
Currently, there are no Continuing Education Courses offered by the IDOH Oral Health Program; however, there are 4 Non-CE Courses provided by the Oral Health Program.
Continuing Education Courses on IN-TRAIN
Health Equity: the pursuit of an equal opportunity for all people to achieve their best possible health.
- Introduction to Health Equity & Racial Justice - Course ID 1100784
- Achieving Health Equity - Course ID 1100159
- Addressing Health Equity: A Public Health Essential - Course ID 1041931
Disparities in Oral Health by community: the inequalities that occur in the provision of healthcare and access to healthcare across different racial, ethnic and socioeconomic groups.
- Measuring Health Disparities - Course ID 1087494
- Rural Health: Exploring The Growing Disparities - Course ID 1078208
- Serving Diverse Communities: Finding Data on Health Disparities - Course 1079670
This course was updated by the Oral Health Program in June 2021 and provides information to dental care professionals in Indiana on Universal Precautions and Infectious Waste as they relate to Infection Control.
* When you click on the link for this course, it may appear in a separate window, it may be downloaded to a folder on your computer, or it may be added as an item accessible by clicking on the arrow in the banner at the top of your browser window.
2. Dentistry and Basic Non-Opioid Prescribing in Pain
This course was updated by the Oral Health Program in August 2021 and helps dentists learn more about the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (commonly referred to as NSAIDs) to alleviate pain in their patients.
3. The Opioid Crisis and Orofacial Pain Management
This course was updated by the Oral Health Program in August 2021 and contains information about the opioid crisis and how this crisis impacts the management of orofacial pain by oral health care providers.
4. Oral Health for Mothers, Infants, and Children (Perinatal Course)
This course was created by the Oral Health Program in August 2019 and provides information about maintaining good oral health for expectant mothers, new mothers, infants, and children.
- Perinatal Course Slides - Updated December 2021
NOTE: These courses do NOT quality as Continuing Education (CE) courses.
The information provided in these courses does not, and is not intended to, constitute dental, medical, or legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials available in these courses are for general informational purposes only. You should contact an outside dentist, physician, or attorney to obtain dental, medical, or legal advice and prior to acting, or refraining from acting, on the basis of information contained in these courses.
All liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the contents of these courses are hereby expressly disclaimed.