Sexual Risk Avoidance Education Grant Program (SRAE)
The Title V State SRAE Program aims to provide education to youth that normalizes the optimal health behavior of avoiding non-marital sexual activity. The program is designed to teach youth personal responsibility, self-regulation, goal setting, healthy decision-making, a focus on the future and the prevention of youth risk behaviors such as drug and alcohol usage without normalizing teen sexual activity.
- The objectives of the SRAE program are to:
- Implement education and strategies that include medically accurate and complete information;
- Select education and lessons that are age-appropriate and culturally appropriate, recognizing the experiences of youth from diverse communities, backgrounds, and experiences; and
- Teach sexual risk avoidance skills
- Indiana funds six community-based, faith-based and private not-for-profit organizations throughout the state to implement evidence-based education programs. Their work spans multiple counties and targets middle school and/or high school students. The organizations and the curriculum they implement are listed below:
- Girls Inc of Shelbyville: Informed and In Charge, Taking Charge
- McMillen Center for Health Education: Choices Today, Options Tomorrow and Promoting Health Among Teens
- Hoosier Uplands: Making a Difference
- Indiana Alliance of Boys & Girls Clubs: Making a Difference and Smart Decisions
- LifeSmart Youth: 3Rs, Step Up for Kindness and Human Growth and Development and CARE
- Randolph County YMCA: Creating Positive Relationships (CPR)
- All grantees utilize Positive Youth Development strategies to help youth build protective factors that mitigate the impact of past and future negative experiences.
- When funding is available, the state will release a request for applications. Any questions about this program or funding opportunity can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: This program is made possible by Grant Number GXFMGZLP95D9 from the Department of Health and Human Services, Administration.